Welcome To Eden Valley Poultry - Applying For The Controls and Automation Technician Position
Eden Valley Poultry Incorporated is seeking a Controls and Automation Technician. The candidate will be part of a growing team. Eden Valley Poultry is a Canadian company - unique in the industry. We process and market chickens and turkeys for Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island farmers. Eden Valley Poultry strives to be an employer of choice by contributing to the well-being of the community, minimizing our impact on the environment and remaining focus on exceptional food safety and quality standards.
The Controls and Automation Technician will:
- Repair, maintain, calibrate, adjust and install industrial measuring and controlling instrumentation.
- Perform set-up and calibration processes related to flow, level, pressure, temperature and chemical composition.
- Calibrate components and instruments according to manufacturers' specifications.
- Inspect and test the operation of instruments and systems to diagnose faults using pneumatic, electrical and electronic testing devices and precision measuring instruments.
- Assist in equipment malfunction investigation to increase equipment reliability by identifying root cause. Repair and regulate system components, such as sensors, transmitters and programmable logic controllers.
- Convert paper based plant equipment documentation into electronic format using AutoCad.
- Perform routine diagnostic checks.
- Research and evaluate Robotics and automation prospects.
- Consult with and advise maintenance and production to ensure optimal performance of equipment.
- Support improvement projects.
- Post-Secondary diploma in instrumentation, electro/mechanical technology or robotics/automation.
- Electro/Mechanical trade certification an asset.
- Solid diagnostic, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Prior working experience in a manufacturing environment an asset.
- Strong knowledge and working experience PLCs (Allen Bradley, Omron, Siemens).
- Working knowledge of AutoCad.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical, mechanical and hydraulic schematics and drawings.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership.
Eden Valley Poultry Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefit package. Qualified applicants please apply to www.edenvalleypoultry.com
Start Your Application