We are seeking a highly experienced individual with a proven track record in Category 5e and Category 6 Structured Wiring installations with 3-5 years experience in structured cabling. Experience with terminating and troubleshooting fiber optic cable also an asset. Responsible for installing and troubleshooting voice, data and Wireless networks, you have the ability and experience to lead projects and possess excellent customer relation and organizational skills.
This position offers training and advancement opportunities. Structured Cabling Technician Duties: Install Structured Cabling Install Structured Cabling Support System Terminate Structured Cabling at the end user location Terminate Structured Cabling at the Communication Room location Test Structured Cabling with results and download to the test station i.e. Fluke Label properly all the components of a Structured Cabling infrastructure Produce As built documents and accurate Closing Project Documents Troubleshoot Cabling Problems Evaluate Equipment and Hardware requirements for projects and work orders Provide on the job training when required Other duties as assigned by Management Specified Requirements:
• Installation of Category 5e, RG 6 Coax and fiber optic cabling
• Rack mounting equipment
• Installation of Access Points, Set Top Boxes, Coax Splitters and such.
• Termination of RJ-45 jacks/ends and RG6 connectors
• Testing and troubleshooting cable
• Low voltage work
• Must be able to work on ladders
• Must be capable of lifting 75 pounds
• Good driving record required
• Must pass a drug screen
• Must pass back ground check
• Must have good communication skills
• Basic Knowledge of WAN/LAN and TV Systems would be an asset.
• Some training will be provided for those that have a mechanical aptitude, a strong work ethic and desire to learn.
• Working hours will vary, and will involve a rotation of possibly 3 weeks in the field, and 1 week at home.
• PPE required, including safety boots, hard hat, vests and gloves.
• Own hand tools would be an asset, but not required.