Welcome To North Electric Corporation - Applying For The 309A Electrician Journeyman / Apprentice - Construction and Maintenance Position
Job Description: We are currently recruiting 2nd year Apprentices (with at least 2 years experience) through Journeypersons. North Electric is a young company looking for individuals to help grow into the “go to” electrical contractor. We specialize in providing honest, professional and safe service to all our clients in the commercial, industrial and residential sectors. We are looking for very ambitious individuals that match the attitude North Electric has upheld since the beginning. Competitive wages based on experience.
Skills, characteristics and requirements:
- Enjoyment in working with electrical systems and motors.
- Concern for safety organization, efficiency, and attention to detail.
- Care and consideration for all aspects of the job.
- Knowledge of electrical standards for installation and repairs.
- Aptitude for mathematics and science.
- Background in technical and mechanical knowledge and skills.
- Good eyesight and hand-eye coordination.
- Creativity and a logical approach to problem-solving.
- Physical strength and endurance.
- Ability to understand blueprints and specifications.
- Knowledge about computerized systems.
- Ability to work alone or as a member of a team.
- Ability to communicate with customers and co-workers politely.
- Interest in the latest technology.
- High tolerances to different weather conditions.
- Must have own method of transportation and hand tools.
- Must take pride in your work and have a drive to succeed in the electrical field.
- Must be willing to travel for occasional out of town work.
Start Your Application
- Read and interpret drawings, circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications.
- Plan wiring layouts.
- Install and pull wire through conduit.
- Install brackets and hangers to support electrical equipment.
- Install, replace and repair lighting fixtures, receptacles and switches.
- Install and maintain distribution equipment such as switch gear, transformers, disconnects and electrical panels.
- Join and connect wire to fixtures and components to form circuits.
- Test completion of circuits using test equipment.
- Troubleshoot and isolate faults in electrical and electronic systems.
- Connect electrical power to HVAC and mechanical systems.
- Housekeeping /cleaning.
- Install, replace and repair low voltage systems.
- Receive, count, organize and stock inventory of components and equipment.