Welcome To Halifax Harbour Bridges - Applying For The IT Coordinator (6-Month Term) Position
Halifax Harbour Bridges (HHB) maintains and operates the Angus L. Macdonald and A. Murray MacKay Bridges that span Halifax harbour. With annual traffic volume in excess of 34 million crossings, HHB's mission is to provide safe, efficient and reliable cross-harbour transportation infrastructure in a cost effective manner. HHB employees take pride in the bridges, and are motivated, results-driven individuals who enjoy challenges and are committed to continuous learning.
Reporting to the IT & Tolling Manager, the IT Coordinator (6-Month Term) position is responsible for Help Desk user support and entry-level server support. A critical accountability for this role is adhering to HHB IT policies, procedures and business processes to ensure the security of all hardware, software, IT infrastructure and assets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow HHB safety policies, procedures and reporting requirements.
- Communicate clearly and concisely in both verbal and written form.
- Perform daily system monitoring by: verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes; reviewing system and application logs; and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups and ftp processes.
- Provide help desk support for HHB users, computers, printers, phones, smart phones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Maintain patching for all servers, workstation and applications.
- Participate in employee onboarding and off boarding, including set up and deactivation of accounts and providing training on HHB systems and applications.
- Administer and maintain file servers, e-mail server, application servers, print servers, desktop computer equipment, and software applications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience as well as formal education or technical training in IT, IT systems or equivalent.
- Knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP, LAN/WAN and VLAN network protocols.
- Experience with supporting Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio, Project).
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange, VMware and Comvault backup.
- Able to work in fast paced environments under tight deadlines while balancing multiple priorities.
- Must have satisfactory results of employment reference checks and a criminal background check, as a condition of employment.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL server, UNIX and Linux administration.
- Strong time management, critical thinking, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team in an efficient manner.
- Provides excellent customer service and takes pride in quality work.
- Punctual and dependable with a can-do attitude.
This is a full-time, temporary position for a 6-month term. The hours of work are 35 hours per week from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday. The hourly wage range for this position is $22.00 - $28.00.
Qualified applicants must complete this online assessment (https://secure.talentsorter.com/fit/initial.jsp?PositionTypeID=100367), and are invited to send their cover letter and resume to Dan Bubar via email (DBubar@hdbc.ns.ca) before Sunday June 16, 2019 at 12:00 am.
HHB appreciates all applications, however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Start Your Application