Welcome To Ives Insurance - Applying For The Personal Lines Team Leader Position
Reports To: Personal Lines Manager
Locations: Leamington, ON and LaSalle, ON
The Personal Lines Team Leader is responsible for developing and supporting their employees and overseeing the day-to-day and overall performance of their team, as well as coordinating the activities of their team with other team leaders/offices to ensure that all goals are met to the internal standards set by the brokerage. With management, the Team Leader will participate in discussions with brokers & other departments designed to maximize efficiency while maintaining a positive work environment and fostering an effortless client experience. The TL will lead by example by being responsible for handling personal lines account management.
- Respond to broker, insurer, and client inquiries
- Support staff by identifying strengths and developmental needs through active monitoring & coaching sessions to assist brokers in reaching their full potential, creating individualized performance plans as needed.
- Act as a technical and workflow resource for the team by maintaining a working knowledge of all applicable systems and internal workflows.
- Handle and document the outcome of escalations and use the situation as a developmental and coaching opportunity to avoid similar future occurrences.
- Evaluate performance results, provide feedback to team, leaders, and manager, and participate in strategic planning to attain goals & objectives of brokerage.
- Assist with staff scheduling and time management system to ensure internal brokerage and client expectations and policies are met.
- Work as part of team across various offices
- Keep current on rates, forms, coverage changes through bulletins, trade publications and seminars
- Participate in extracurricular team building activities which may occur outside of office hours.
- Comply with both regulatory and internal guidelines
- Represent Ives Insurance at brokerage, community and insurance company functions
- Maintain professional level of confidentiality and high standards of business ethics
- Comply with RIBO requirements for continuing education
- Perform other duties deemed necessary by management
- RIBO license required, CSIP or equivalent designation an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and problem solving skills
- Insurance management or senior broker/peer coach experience an asset
- Ability to work independently and as a team, always leading by example.
- Ability to delegate as necessary to complete goals in a timely manner.
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook and BMS
- Considerable use of electronic media required
- Use of personal vehicle for occasional local travel required
- Use of personal vehicle for occasional overnight travel required
- Ability to work in an office setting, sitting at a personal desk for long periods using a company issued computer and phone with opportunities to move about the office when needed.
Start Your Application