Welcome To Isthmus - Applying For The Administrative Assistant - Clear Path - Cambridge, ON Position
Position Summary: Salary $35,000
Ensure the efficient operation of the office, and provide administrative assistance to all members of the team.
- Assist with new WSIB/WCB claim set-up including reviewing relevant documents, preparing employer reports of injury, prepare letters to various WCB boards relating to the claim, and submitting all forms within established time frames.
- Prepare relevant correspondence such as return to work programs, initial and ongoing objections, investigation of/or request for SIEF cost relief and other documentation as requested by the Claims Specialist on file.
- Liaising with clients and the provincial Workers’ Compensation Boards
- Assist Claim Specialists with the creation of monthly reports for our clients that summarize activities taken, strategies deployed, and recommended next steps for each claim as requested.
- Ensure the distribution of relevant documentation to the client, injured worker, WCB adjudicator, and/or treating professionals as necessary.
- Work cooperatively with the team to obtain successful outcomes of each WCB claim assigned, including preparing standard documents as requested.
- Answer general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner
- General administrative support for other team members including file documents received, scan or fax documents and shred sensitive documents as necessary.
- Support creation and maintenance of databases within our Intranet system as necessary
- Assist with other duties depending on the nature and needs of each customer engagement.
- Log all billable time associated with activities onto our on-line intranet site on a daily basis.
- Ensure that all work is done in compliance with privacy requirements outlined in current legislation.
Serve as a back up to the office administrator as noted below:
- Serve as first point-of-contact for visitors and incoming telephone calls.
- Sort and distribute mail.
- Maintain general organization of files within the office
- Facilitate preparation of monthly team meetings and other company events
Knowledge & Expertise:
- 1-2 years of relevant administrative assistant experience is preferred
- University/ college degree or equivalent preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision under tight deadlines and/or under pressure
- An understanding of and commitment to confidentiality, including demonstrated ability handling sensitive confidential information in all formats.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including diplomacy, tact, teamwork.
- Strong organizational and decision-making skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks with solid planning skills and use of good judgment.
- Ability to prioritize time, work and projects efficiently.
Start Your Application