Are YOU looking to expand your career and be involved in exciting projects for unique clients?
Do you like the idea of working alongside experienced professionals who will VALUE and support your work? Are you looking for a COMPANY that offers growth opportunities and a competitive compensation package?
Sid Grabell Contracting (SGC) makes it happen!
SGC is looking for a Licensed Electrician Journeyman who is a self-starter with a solutions driven attitude. Established in 2012, SGC has built a reputation for making it happen for its varied client base which spans the steel, food, plastics, waste management and fabrication industries. With exciting projects in high voltage installations, automation, hydro excavation, pole line builds, electrical engineering and design, SGC’s Master Electricians and Journeymen have built exciting careers gaining invaluable experience.
Come join a dynamic team and start your career with SGC today!
Duties & Responsibilities
· Install power distribution systems including but not limited to electrical breaker panels, transformers, motor control cabinets, conduit, lighting, main service installations, programmable logic controls and associated devices, high voltage and energized equipment, generators and turbines, instrumentation, electronic devices, conventional electrical devices
· Maintain and service existing electrical systems, including main switch gears, transformers, motors and machinery
· Troubleshoot and create solutions when complications arise
· Ensure all installations meet Canadian and Ontario electrical code requirements
· 5+ years’ work experience with 309A Licence
· Heavy construction experience is an asset
· Strong working knowledge of the Ontario Electrical Code (must own copy of the current code book)
· Strong attention to detail
· Good knowledge of the Ontario Health and Safety Act
· Strong organization and communication skills
· Self starter who is comfortable taking initiative
· Clean driving record
· Possesses own hand tools
SGC offers a competitive package, which includes base pay, medical & dental benefits, life insurance, group RRSP, pension plan and opportunities to advance your career and build upon your portfolio.
We thank you for your interest; only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, SGC will provide accommodations through the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform HR of any accommodation(s) that you may require.