PCR is looking for a Transactional Paralegal to assist with both real estate and corporate transactions. You will be working directly with the firm’s corporate and real estate partners, of counsel attorneys, and our transactional paralegal on exciting matters, including the acquisition, development, financing, construction, leasing, and disposition of a variety of real estate asset types, as well as corporate formation, capitalization, mergers, acquisition and financing. You will be working with attorneys who are technologically savvy, highly competent, and who view their paralegals as a highly valued part of the successful transactional team.
This individual will oversee daily deal management tasks such as preparation of agreements and documents, preparation and filing or entity documents, transactional due diligence, reviewing equity ownership information, surveys and plats and interfacing with clients. The position may require light clerical tasks from time to time with the support of an administrative staff. Excellent problem solving and communication skills are essential to this position, including taking ownership of all matters (i.e., staying on top of deadlines, creating templates, creating and maintaining detailed checklists, exhibiting noteworthy organizational skills, being proactive, etc.). Assistance with legal research may also be required.
We offer a positive work environment with long-term employees who work well together and great benefits (including paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) and profit-sharing program, health/vision/dental insurance, and parking). The normal business hours are 8:30 to 5:30, Monday through Friday but may occasionally require more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
Pay is competitive and based on experience. Billable requirement is 1700 hours per year.
· Drafting and filing of business entity documents in a variety of states
· Performing transactional due diligence
· Preparing checklists and following up with parties to ensure all deadlines are met
· Preparing transaction closing documents and binders
· Maintaining entity records and good standing
· Review and assess title reports, surveys, and plats
· Prepare contracts, including lease or rental agreements
· Schedule and manage transactional team meetings
· Coordinate closings
· 2-4 years corporate and/or real estate paralegal experience in a law firm
· Proficient in English (oral and written)
· Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and E-file software/websites
· Familiarity with billable hours and ability to track efficiently
· Strong communication skills
· Comfort in face-to-face attorney interaction and providing daily reminders
· Excellent organizational and multi-tasking abilities
· Problem-solving skills and ability to work autonomously
· High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certificate are a plus
· Medical, dental, vision
· 401k (including employer contribution)
· Paid holidays
· Job Type: Full-timeStart Your Application