The Staff Accountant will prepare and maintain financial records to track various client’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
· Performs general fund accounting and other related duties for the organization.
· Prepares monthly balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
· Maintains the general ledger.
· Promptly responds to inquiry’s and questions from clients.
· Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
· Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
· Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts; manages accounts receivable collections.
· Verifies and/or completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
· Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
· Coordinates with software vendor to maintain accounting software systems; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
· Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Knowledge of general financial accounting and fund accounting.
· Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
· Problem solving and analytical ability.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite – especially Excel, and accounting software.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field, required.
· At least one year of related experience required.
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.Start Your Application