Welcome To Eden Valley Poultry - Applying For The Controller Position
Eden Valley Poultry Incorporated is seeking a Controller to join their team of dedicated professionals. Eden Valley Poultry strives to be an employer of choice. We focus on continuous improvement, contributing to the well-being of the community, minimizing our impact on the environment and remaining focused on exceptional food safety and quality standards.
The Controller manages the payroll, purchasing and overall financial accounting operations of the business. You provide accurate information to the CFO, direct and manage the company’s accounting functions. These functions include preparing financial statements, credit management and insurance activities.
The Controller will work closely with all departments and the continuous improvement team to support our four strategic pillars (people, customers, operational excellence and social responsibility) while embodying our values of excellence, visibility and passion.
- Coordinating and managing the accounting operations including the preparation of journal entries and the review of accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Establishing and monitoring internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Confirming that all month-end financial accounting duties and all resulting financial reporting is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Providing advice and guidance on all accounting matters including financial systems, record keeping, policies, and reporting.
- Investigating funding programs that support the activities of the organization.
- Set the priorities within the accounting services team.
- Completing year-end financial statements and schedules in preparation of the external audit.
- Leading and coordinating all activities related to the year-end audit, credit management and insurance.
- Continuous improvement of all processes within the accounting services team.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- University degree in Business/Accounting, with advanced degree or professional accounting designation (such as CPA (CA, CGA, CMA).
- Five (5) years extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and financial management.
- Proficient communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Experience overseeing audits performed by external audit firms.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and applications.
- Understanding of payroll processes.
- Managerial and leadership experience.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
Eden Valley Poultry Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefit package. Qualified applicants should apply to www.edenvalleypoultry.com.
Start Your Application