Welcome To County of Inverness Municipal Housing Corporation - Applying For The Resident Services Aide (Housekeeping, Laundry, Dietary) Position
Job Title: Resident Services Aide
Job Type: Temporary Part-time (0.45FTE with ability to work up to fulltime hours)
Date Posted: Jan 1, 2023
Closing Date: Until filled
Work Location: Inverary Manor
We are searching for a Resident Services Aide to join our team at the Inverary Manor in Inverness, Nova Scotia.
What we offer:
- Hourly wage range: $18.47 - $18.77 plus shift and weekend premiums
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits plan (eligible upon hire for part-time and full-time staff) including travel insurance and an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Vacation accrual
- Pension plan with employer contribution
- A $1,000 retention bonus in return for a 2-year commitment (paid upon completion of probationary period)
- May be eligible for up to $5,000 relocation costs reimbursement
About the Job
- Dusts, cleans and polishes furniture, counters, shelving, walls, and window/door ledges;
- Cleans sinks, toilets, and bath facilities;
- Fills and replenishes supplies in resident rooms, nursing units, and rest rooms;
- Empties and cleans trash receptacles and places trash in trash pickup area;
- Sorts laundry into appropriate piles based on the type of laundry (linens, personal clothing);
- Operates washing machine using proper washing formulas;
- Operates dryer; loads clean, wet laundry into the machine and unloads the machine;
- Sorts clean laundry into appropriate baskets or racks; counts linen needed for each area as per linen quota and puts on cart; notes name tags on resident clothing and puts on correct rack;
- Picks up soiled laundry and delivers clean laundry to resident areas within the facility and the Inverness County Municipal Hospital (ICMH) using laundry carts;
- Checks laundry for tears, holes, missing buttons, etc. and sorts clothing needing repair;
- Consistently ensures food quality, presentation, and service delivery meet established department standards. Ensures meals are plated attractively, the correct temperature and portion size, and that service is timely;
- Follows production sheets to guide food preparation and assist with cost control;
- Familiarizes self with the specific needs of each resident e.g., diet restrictions, allergies, and special requests/accommodations;
- Assists with the process for checking and receiving of deliveries and inventory control. Ensures all supplies are stored, labelled, and rotated properly;
- Reports areas and equipment in need of repair to the maintenance department;
- Ensures kitchen appearance meets established standards for cleanliness and organization.
- You have a High School diploma or GED;
- You have a valid Food Handlers Certification and WHMIS (or are willing to complete upon hire);
- Experience working with the elderly is considered an asset;
- Experience in commercial housekeeping and/or laundry is considered an asset;
- You have some experience in the culinary field and are familiar with preparing plates for residents;
- You have strong customer service skills and a passion for serving the elderly;
- You can work a schedule of flexible hours and shifts inclusive of days, evenings, weekends, and holidays;
- You can learn and work in a fast-paced environment;
- You can provide a clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector screening upon hire.
County of Inverness Municipal Housing Corporation (CIMHC) is a Not-for-Profit Corporation under the authority of the Municipality of the County of Inverness. The Corporation is comprised of four (4) separate entities: two (2) Long Term Care Homes; Inverary Manor, (located in Inverness, NS) and Foyer Père Fiset (located in Cheticamp, NS) and two (2) Small Option Homes; Koster Huis (Mabou, NS) and Port Hood Small Options (Port Hood, NS).
Inverary Manor is a modern 71 bed long-term care facility located along Cape Breton’s musical coast, in Inverness, NS. This state-of-the-art facility is divided into six households, each with common living areas and kitchens, as well as private rooms and bathrooms. The Manor is linked to the Inverness Consolidated Memorial Hospital. With its cozy communal spaces, airy, attractive interior, and warm supportive staff, Inverary Manor offers a Resident Centred Culture that appeals to employees who derive meaning from creating a home-like atmosphere and enhancing quality of life for the residents they serve.
Inverary Manor values diversity in our workplace and we welcome all applicants. Only those who selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Our company policy requires all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19
Start Your Application