A. ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
1. Source, price and purchase parts, equipment, supplies, etc. as needed to keep all departments operating efficiently.
2. Maintenance of door access system to include hardware, software, setting up door lock groups and time schedules and deleting student access and card badges at the end of each school year.
3. Primary supervision of transportation department to include:
a. Schedule bus drivers’ work schedules, monitor and approve time sheets.
b. Approve and manage bus driver contracts.
c. Establish and balance budget for student transportation.
d. Review daily bus inspection sheets and determine if items noted pose a safety risk and take appropriate action.
e. Serve as the point of contact for all bus repairs and maintenance.
f. Schedule general maintenance and repairs of Southern Tech buses.
g. Maintain minor parts and fluids inventory for minor repairs and maintenance.
h. Assign buses to shorter or longer routes as required to maintain like mileage between buses.
i. Recommend changes to bus routes to improve efficiency and service.
j. Monitor fuel level in underground tanks, reorder when low and ensure underground tanks are Oklahoma Corporation Commission compliant.
k. Maintain pickup and delivery routes in a safe and timely manner.
l. Report student problems in accordance with Student Service direction.
m. Work with HR to ensure all bus drivers meet DOT & OKSDE qualifications and training requirements.
4. Schedule and manage all phases of periodic surplus auctions.
5. Practice 5S principles.
B. Secondary Functions of the Job:
1. Assist with the oversight of the quality and timeliness of new construction or major remodeling projects by communicating with architect and contractors.
2. In absence of Director, prepare and present status reports to Finance Director and Superintendent.
3. Assist with solving problems and work with contractors on major projects.
4. Promote environmental stewardship and sustainability.
5. Assist with ISO standardization.
6. Assist with managing outside contractors’ relationships and oversight of contractors’ work. Provide outside contractors access to facilities as necessary.
7. Assist with providing quality management and strategic leadership, and innovative efficiencies for preventive maintenance.
8. Assist with management of the Utilities and Fuel Budgets, including: electricity, communication systems, water, natural gas, gasoline and diesel fuels, and items as needed to keep the facilities operating on a daily basis. (Utilities usage analysis)
9. Assist with keeping the facility in compliance with all State and Federal Regulations, Building Codes, and ADA Requirements.
10. Assist with the overall upkeep and safe operations of campus.
11. Assist with scheduling work and meeting deadlines, as directed by the superintendent.
Minimum Education and Certification: