1. Act as Encumbrance Clerk for the Southern Tech Board of Education:
a. Maintain purchase order files in numerical order at all times; unpaid, pending payments, and processed payments.
b. File and process all Accounts Payable invoices and packing slips with purchase orders daily.
c. Accounts Payable checks to be processed at least every two weeks, with consideration to board approval and due dates.
d. Reconcile purchase card and store card statements monthly and process payments timely to avoid late charges.
e. Reconcile Treasury with bank statement daily.
2. Perform and maintain physical and video inventory.
3. Responsible for completing payroll processing as required to include:
a. Print payroll timesheet and related report
b. Share the source documents with Accounting Clerk so payroll excel spreadsheets may be maintained daily or no later than prior to payroll processing date.
c. Print and balance pre-balance & total pages
d. Prepare deposit and forward to Accounting Clerk for verification
e. Enter direct deposit in the bank website and take deposit to bank.
4. Responsible for processing monthly benefits statements, making changes as necessary.
5. Assist as required with Treasurer duties. Compile and record employee time and payroll data. May compute employees' time worked, production, and commission. May compute and post wages and deductions, or prepare paychecks.
1. Associates degree in Accounting/Finance/Business related field required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. Possess or be willing to obtain School Treasurer & Encumbrance Clerk Certification within nine (9) months and maintain certification by obtaining at least 12 hours of continuing education every three years
3. Three or more years’ experience in Accounting or Finance required, preferably in school or governmental setting.