Welcome To Gensquared - Applying For The Agile Project Manager Position
At Gensquared, we pride ourselves on being at the forefront of innovation in the data and analytics space – we are a boutique consulting firm with big logos. Our expert team of consultants provides our clients with the strategic services they need to increase revenue, reduce cost, and manage risk.
Our team is constantly learning, and we regularly evaluate new architectures, technologies, and patterns to better serve our customer. We back up our commitment to learning with an un-capped personal development budget so that our team stays on top of breaking industry trends.
We believe that our employees are family; valuing each other is one of our most important core values. We are now looking for an innovative Agile Project Manager to help service some of our largest clients.
In a dynamic, fast-paced environment, this role takes projects from planning through to final implementation. The ideal candidate will have experience in both project and customer success management. This role will include direct interaction with senior management, technical teams, and subject matter experts throughout the organization.
The responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following duties:
Project Planning and Management
- Define project plans while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value
- Manage risks and issues, as scope and requirements evolve
- Ensure projects employ project best practices, tools, and disciplines, in alignment with governance requirements
- Ensure clear understanding for all stakeholders on requirements, scope, timeline, budget, and resource requirements throughout the duration of the project
- Ensure quality of deliverables meets customer expectations. Manage defects and change requests, to ensure client satisfaction.
- Develop long-term team relationships through excellent communication, motivation and coaching
- Assist in team development, capacity planning and resource allocation reports
- Clarify project roles and responsibilities, and keep team members accountable
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies (e.g., sprint planning, standups, demos, retros, etc.)
- Provide the focus and leadership in responding to changes and obstacles that require replanning
- Create and disseminate lessons learned documentation to improve delivery effectiveness
- Provide support to Engagement Manager through clear communication of project status
- Organize and lead working meetings
- Develop and deliver reports and presentations to various audiences, including project team, sponsors, senior leadership, and key stakeholders
Start Your Application
- BA or BS and equivalent experience is required; MA or MS is a plus
- 3-5 years project experience with medium to large scale projects and budgets in IT/Software
- Experience within a boutique consulting firm/ startup technology company is a plus
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 5 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
- Strong understanding of data management and analytics is an asset
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Experience interacting with both business and IT departments, including the executive level
- Creative approach to problem-solving