Intek Communications Inc. is looking to fill the position of Field Service and Installation Technician with an applicant that has previous Rogers field experience. The Field Service and Installation Technician will primarily be responsible to inspect, test and repair cable signals and replace faulty cables, power supplies, digital boxes, modems, amplifiers, and associated equipment as well as install, connect, disconnect and relocate cable outlets, digital boxes and modems. The Field Service and Installation technician will always maintain professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive manner. This position will maintain a high commitment to safety. The Field Service and Installation Technician must demonstrate an aptitude for learning new technologies and a high level of integrity and work ethic and must also have the drive to succeed and be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Communication - Expresses and transmits information with consistency and clarity.
• Professionalism - Demonstrates professional standards of conduct when governing interactions between individuals in a business environment.
• Accountability - Takes ownership of personal workload, as well as the workload of employees under his/her direction.
• Attention to Detail - Attends to details and pursues quality in the accomplishment of tasks, regardless of the volume of duties encountered.
• Commitment to Health and Safety - Works in compliance with all applicable health and safety legislation and established policies and procedures.
• Problem Solving - Able to break down a situation into smaller pieces to identify key issues and figure out cause and effect relationships in order to solve. Use logic and analytical methods to come to a realistic solution.
• Results Orientation - Able to focus on desired outcomes, and the means by which they are achieved by meeting and or exceeding standards based on past performance, goals, and objectives, as well as the performance and/or achievements of others.
• Time Management - Balances a myriad of tasks; prioritizes duties as needed.
• Operate and drive vehicles to varying customer location
• Greet customers and discuss type, quality, and quantity of products or services required
• Inspect, test, and repair cable signals and replace faulty cables, power supplies, digital boxes, modems amplifiers, and associated equipment
• Install, connect, disconnect and relocate cable outlets, digital boxes, and modems
• Evaluate the customers' services and equipment to verify that they are working within the specifications
• Converse with customers, ensure customers understand and approve of the work to be done
• Work at heights and on ladders, as required
• Always maintain professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive manner
• Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge
• Maintain a professional appearance, demeanor, and attitude at all times
• Educate customer on how to use the products/services installed
• Ensure that customers are satisfied with the services and products
• Attempt to calm irate customers by explaining the situation while attempting to resolve the issue to the best of your abilities
• Participate in any required company training
• Document and close all calls to provide a record of work completed
• Meet the Key Performance indicators as outlined by Intek
• High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
• Valid driver's license with a suitable driving record
• Valid auto insurance
• Must be willing to provide a Criminal Background Check
• Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
• Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical consumer
• High level of integrity and work ethic
• Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
• Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
**Minimum 6 months to 1 year of experience working with Rogers products and services**
• Flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
• Ability to maneuver and climb a 28 foot 75lb extension ladder
• Use of hand tools including but not limited to electric drills
• Hazards associated with conducting work outdoors
• Interaction with customers/clients, and the public at large
• Daily driving to and from work locations with a focus on courtesy and safety
• Operation of laptop computer and cell phone
What are the Perks?
Intek Communications Inc. offers unlimited earnings potential in the form of piecework. Your motivation, efficiency, speed, and job knowledge allow you to control your earnings. Intek offers a competitive benefits package, paid training, opportunity for career advancement, discounts on home phone, internet, cable, security, and wireless services. Intek provides a company vehicle, company gas card, and phone plan with unlimited Canada-wide talk and text.
Intek Communications Inc. seeks to fully integrate the principles of Employment Equity and will ensure the full participation and advancement of members of historically disadvantaged groups (i.e., members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, women, and aboriginal peoples). Intek Communications Inc. will achieve this by ensuring that its hiring process is fair and equitable for all persons.
**ASK ABOUT OUR SIGNING BONUS**Start Your Application