Island Abbey Food Sciences Ltd. is an award-winning specialty food and natural health products manufacturer located in Charlottetown, PEI. Our team is growing, and we want to hear from you if you are an experienced Production Worker in a food manufacturing environment or willing to learn what it takes to be a key member of our team.
The Sr. Production Associate are key members of the Production teams with the following duties.
Compensation: Hourly rate $15.00-$17.50
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Set up and operate single function and multi-function machines to process natural health products.
· Set up equipment to operate according to company and formulation standards and make changes as required.
· Monitor production conditions and adjust machine settings in accordance with recipes and SOPs.
· Record production data
· Verify that each finished item meets the quality standards of the company by observing the size, and shape of each item.
· React to alarms or malfunctions of the equipment and operate the shut-off switch when necessary.
· Sanitize all materials and machinery parts at the end of each shift and clean the workspace in accordance with company cleanliness standards.
· Assist room lead as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
· High school graduation or GED required.
· Ability to understand and follow all safety and operating procedures in food production.
· Knowledge of basic math as well as English reading and writing skills.
· Ability to read instructions and recipes to assemble ingredients.
· Experience in food production or industrial kitchen is an asset.
· Knowledge of quality assurance practices is an asset.
· Ability to work shift work in a production environment.Start Your Application