UCCL Group has several businesses that operate as Franchisor for top painting service brands such as “Elite Trade Painting” and “University First Class Painters”. These franchise brands are well established throughout Canada with exciting plans for future growth. Our over 35 years in the franchising and painting industry has provided us with an opportunity to establish national and international market growth.
Part-Time/ Full-Time Currently, we feel that we can add a part-time bookkeeper to our team working two to three days per week with future potential expansion of this role into a full-time position.
Ideal Candidate We are looking for a candidate that will grow with us as we expand nationally and internationally. Our operations are heavily weighted on cloud based accounting and bookkeeping systems. These platforms will be an opportunity for anyone to gain great insight and experience in how to use online systems to manage the finance function. Opportunities for input into our program are always encouraged throughout our organization.
An ideal candidate for us would enjoy interactions with a variety of business owners and franchise operators that are typically ambitious, and hands on with their business. Our business owners in both systems are young entrepreneurs as well as seasoned business veterans.
As a Bookkeeping/Payroll Specialist employee you will be responsible for the following, for a number of our franchise operators:
· Bi-weekly bookkeeping and reconciliation in our cloud-base accounting software (QuickBooks On-line)
· Reconcile and balance all general ledger accounts
· Financial reporting as required
· Administer accounts payable and accounts receivable
· Responsible for daily entry of accounting transactions
· Ensured compliance with all regulatory reporting requirements
· Liaise with government bodies
· GST/HST filing returns
· Y/E bookkeeping preparation for Accountant’s review
· Payroll Processing for multiple clients (franchisees)
· Bonus calculations
· Setting up new employees
· Completing ROEs
· T4 reconciliations
· Workers Compensation filings
· Customer Service experience (minimum 2 years)
· Knowledge of accepted accounting techniques and procedures (GAAP)
· Knowledge of regulatory reporting requirements (CRA)
· Monitor and support clients’ bookkeeping inquiries on a timely manner
· Discretion on handling confidential matters
Required Technical Skills:
· Bookkeeping experience (required minimum 3-5 years)
· Payroll experience (required minimum 3-5 years)
· QuickBooks On-line (preferred minimum of 2+ years)
· MS Office 365 (required general proficiency)
Required Soft Skills:
· Data entry, analysis and management
· Organizational and planning skills
· Attention to detail
· Be able to take instructions (verbal and written)
· Information gathering and management
· Analytical skills
Working at UCCL:
· Expect to be respected by all team members
· We look and foster new ideas – got one, tell us!
· Opportunities to grown within the role into a full-time position
· Expect to meet a diverse team of individuals committed to continuously being the best in the business, period
· Health Benefits (include, however not limited to): Vision, Dental, and prescriptions
If you think you'd be a good fit, please apply!
All applicants please include cover letter and resume.
Salary: $17 - $25 per hour
Pay commensurate with experience and commitment.
· Dental care
· Extended health care
· Life insurance
· 20 Hours per week
· Monday to Friday
· Bookkeeping: 3-5 years (Required)
· Payroll: 3-5 years (Required)
· QuickBooks On-line: 2+ years (Preferred)
· PCP certification (Preferred)
· No. Primarily in an office environment with supporting accounting staff.
· Remote interview process
· Virtual meetings
Start Your Application
Application deadline: March 12, 2021