Welcome To MDP Careers - Applying For The Senior Bookkeeper Position
UCCL Group - Halifax, NS
$18 - $25 per hour depending on experience
Part-Time, potential for Full-Time
The UCCL Group
We have several businesses that operate as top painting service brands “Elite Trade Painting” and “University First Class Painters”. These franchise brands are well established throughout Canada. And our over 35 years in the franchising and painting industry allows us continued market growth.
Part-Time / Full-Time
Currently in need of a part-time bookkeeper with potential expansion of this role into a full-time position.
We are looking for a candidate that will grow with us as we expand nationally and internationally.
An ideal candidate would enjoy interactions with a variety of franchise owners who are hands on with their business. Our business owners consist of both young entrepreneurs as well as seasoned business owners.
About the Role
As a Senior Bookkeeper, you will be responsible for the following, for a number of our franchise operators:
- Bi-weekly bookkeeping and reconciliation through Sage and QBO
- Financial reporting as required
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable processing
- Responsible for daily entry of accounting transactions
- Ensured compliance with all regulatory reporting requirements
- Liaise with government bodies
- GST/HST filing returns
- Payroll Processing for multiple clients (franchisees)
- Completing ROEs
- T4 preparation and filing
- Workers Compensation premium calculation and filings
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting procedures (GAAP)
- Knowledge of regulatory reporting requirements (CRA)
- Monitor and support clients’ bookkeeping inquiries on a timely manner
- Discretion on handling confidential matters
Required Technical Skills
- Bookkeeping experience (3-5 years)
- Sage Desktop (3-5 years)
- Payroll experience (3-5 years)
- QuickBooks On-line (2+ years)
- MS Office 365 (general proficiency)
Helpful Designations But Not Mandatory
- CPB Canada (formerly IPBC) 4-tier certification
- PCP designation CPA (Canadian Payroll Association)
- QBO Certification
Working at UCCL
- Expect to be respected by all team members
- We look and foster new ideas – got one, tell us!
- Opportunities to grow within the role into a full-time position
- Expect to meet a diverse team of individuals committed to continuously being the best in the business.
- Health Benefits available.
If you think you'd be a good fit, please apply!
All applicants please include cover letter and resume.
Application deadline: April 15, 2022
Start Your Application