Welcome To CKF Inc - Applying For The Operations Supervisor Position
Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Establishing and maintaining Production within established procedures, processes, and budget.
- Supervision and organization of the workforce, including but not limited to, continuous monitoring of the workforce and identifying training requirements.
- Establishing and adjusting work procedures and placement of manpower to meet company's production objectives.
- Identifying and resolving plant production problems.
- Working collaboratively with other departments, quality control, and maintenance.
- Providing leadership, where employees are engaged contributors continually improving performance and results and achieving daily productivity targets.
- Initiating process/continuous improvement, and Lean Six Sigma initiatives on the floor (i.e. reduce waste of product and material).
- Participating in production meetings.
- Monitor review and approve all production and quality reports.
- Knowledge of all Hantsport production related mill processes and assist in trouble shooting issues as required.
- Assist the shift supervisor as required, directed by the production manager.
- Working with management to plan and implement programs supporting short and long term business needs.
- Working in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations and the company's Health and Safety Roles and Responsibilities. Promoting the company's safety vision.
- Communicating Company policies to all employees.
- Review, write and maintain production SOP’s as required.
- Relieving and supporting the Production Manager.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a manufacturing sector in a supervisory role.
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience with grade 12 minimum.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Regulations and Employment Standards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral, written communication skills and a strong commitment to health and safety.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and organize in a team environment.
- Demonstration of a high energy work ethic.
- Analytical mind, problem-solving skills and priority management.
- Must be proficient in MS outlook, excel, and word and have the ability to learn new systems quickly and independently.
· Hantsport, Nova Scotia
· Must be available during off hours for consulting and intervening during emergencies
· Salary, based on qualifications and experience, is competitively based
Start Your Application