Welcome To Sax Electrical Services Ltd. - Applying For The 309A Commercial / Industrial Electrician - Foreman Position
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB (Job Summary):
- To work hands-on, lead and supervise site crew (JP and AP) in performing electrical work on customer premises.
- To ensure the work meets highest quality workmanship and on schedule.
- To promote safety in the workplace and ensure that all worker wear the appropriate PPE
- To motivate workers in team spirit and resolve friction between workers if any.
- Perform hazard assessment and identification, keep record.
- Conduct Tool Box talk every day before work start and keep record.
- Check appropriate PPE is available and being used
- Resolve any conflict between workers and keep workers in good spirit.
- Motivate workers to perform efficiently by example.
- Maintain good relation with the customer, their employees and other contractors on site
- Order and pick up material from supplier to keep the job flowing smoothly
- Record and report any accident and near miss that arise in the workplace.
- Acknowledge and write up work orders for any change order requested by the customer
- Travel is required to visit suppliers and project sites
- Carry a pager/cell phone for contact support; evening and weekend work may be required as per customer’s requirement.
- Ability to follow and adhere to Company Policy and Procedure and Standard Environmental Health and Safety practices at all times.
- Specific background check and training when required by customer.
Start Your Application
- College Degree/Diploma in Electrical would be an asset
- Registered in good standing with OCOT (JP) - Red Seal would be an asset
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in an industrial automation/commercial electrical wiring and field installation.
- As a minimum, have valid training certificates in mandatory MOL-Health & Safety Awareness, WHMIS2015, Working at Heights (WAH), Lift/Working platform operation.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical drawing and schematic
- Good knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulation for Construction Projects and Ministry of Labor Ontario requirement for Health & Safety.
- Good knowledge of using proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the Electrical Trade & Installation.
- Good knowledge of PC and their application software such as Microsoft Office, Access, Project Management/Time Line, etc.
- Good communication skills, team work oriented and pleasant personality is required for this position.