Welcome To Sax Electrical Services Ltd. - Applying For The 309A Service Electrician - Commercial & Industrial Position
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB (Job Summary):
- To respond and perform 7/24 electrical service call work on customer premises
- To work hands-on in performing electrical work and trouble shooting on customer premises.
- To ensure the work meets highest quality workmanship and on schedule.
- To promote safety in the workplace and ensure that the appropriate PPE is used.
- To write up detailed work order upon completion and submit to the office without delay.
- Respond to a service call request from the office and arrive within 2 hours at customer premises.
- Perform hazard & problem assessment, trouble shooting and correct the issue as required.
- Always ensure safety precautions and follow customer site security protocol.
- Always check and use appropriate PPE for the work.
- Maintain good relation with the customer, their employees and other contractors on site
- Report any issue to the office dispatcher and require assistance where needed
- Write up detailed work order for the service call and submit to the office the following day.
- Travel is required to visit suppliers and project sites
- Stand by, ready for service call 24 hours/7 days per week.
- Carry a pager/cell phone for contact support 24 hours/7 days per week
- Ability to follow and adhere to Company Policy and Procedure and Standard Environmental Health and Safety practices at all times.
- Specific background check and training when required by customer.
Start Your Application
- Registered in good standing with OCOT (JP) - Red Seal would be an asset
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in an industrial automation/commercial electrical wiring and trouble shooting
- Knowledge of PLC and control devices programming and trouble shooting.
- As a minimum, have valid training certificates in mandatory MOL-Health & Safety Awareness, WHMIS2015, Working at Heights (WAH), Lift/Working platform operation.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical drawing and schematic
- Good knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulation for Construction Projects and Ministry of Labor Ontario requirement for Health & Safety.
- Good knowledge of using proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the Electrical Trade & Installation.
- Good knowledge of PC and their application software such as Microsoft Word, and Excel would be an asset. Good communication skills and pleasant personality is required for this position.