Welcome To CKF Inc - Applying For The Supply Chain Analyst Position
CKF Inc. has five manufacturing facilities located across Canada with a total workforce in excess of 700 employees. Our operations produce foam, plastic and molded pulp products including disposable tableware, egg cartons, four-cup carriers, display containers, and a wide variety of other products for the food service industry.
CKF Inc. has an interesting opportunity for this corporate role working out of the Hantsport office and reporting directly to the Corporate Manager of Logistics and Customer Care. With a strong commitment to operational efficiencies, this role is responsible for leading activities in production planning, inventory control, and warehouse space requirements and to assist in controlling the transportation of our products to customers at the best possible cost.
Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Coordinating PPIC meetings involving review of slow moving items, quality control, inventory coverage, production planning and warehouse requirements
- Analyzing inventory for all plants and working with Shipping and Production to implement solutions
- Working closely with production schedulers on prioritizing loads, customers, and products while liaising with Sales and Customer Care and providing feedback and updates to all stakeholders
- Maintaining a corporate view of all plant activities, recommending & implementing support solutions across plants to match supply & demand.
- Supporting International business growth throughout the company.
- Assisting with reviews of shipping costs and ensuring CKF is getting the best rate for our loads and that our loads are cubed to the maximum
- Pursuing innovative solutions to freight and traffic requirements
- Assisting in the development and monitoring of the annual Corporate Freight budget and expense budget for the Logistics Department
- Reviewing, analyzing, and negotiating optimal freight methods and costs
- Resolving freight issues/carrier failures and following through until solutions are found
- Researching and providing quotes for new business, including Buy/Sell opportunities
- Assisting with quarterly and yearly savings tally, working towards a budgeted savings and pursuing leads for improvements in logistics
- Reviewing opportunities to reduce GHG emissions and reporting to the Sustainability Committee on transportation related GHG
- Investigating carrier claims and inquiries, working closely with Deductions Coordinator
- Developing metrics and providing monthly updates to Logistics Manager
- Assisting with Supply Chain projects
- Representing the Department in most CI initiatives
- Post secondary education (preferably a Bachelor’s degree) or equivalent.
- Professional logistics, CPIM, and/or supply chain designation would be an asset
- Minimum of 1 year experience in logistics, warehousing, shipping, and customer service related activities
- International Freight experience an asset
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong Excel skills (Ie. Pivot tables, V lookup etc.)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Above average analytical and problem solving skills
- Flexibility to work varying amounts of overtime and travel as required
We are a progressive company offering a competitive wage and benefit package. Qualified candidates can reply in confidence with full resume and salary expectations to Carol Mabey, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start Your Application