Welcome To El Gaucho - Applying For The Full-time Bookkeeper Position
We are seeking a full-time Bookkeeper: Our company is defined by the professionals on our team who embody a heart of hospitality. This is a rare opportunity to join our amazing team of professionals. We are currently accepting applications for bookkeeper.
The ideal candidate must have restaurant bookkeeping experience, be a self-starter, resourceful, has high integrity, and is able to lead others in a positive work environment.
The bookkeeper position will examine, analyze, and interpret accounting records to prepare financial statements, give advice, or audit and evaluate statements prepared by others. Install or advise on systems of recording costs or other financial and budgetary data.
The primary duties of the job include:
- Providing prompt, extraordinary service to guests, peers, and co-workers
- Reconciliation and balancing of staff turn-in reports and commissions, checking of discounts and house charges for accuracy, reporting variances to General Manager
- Maintaining recordkeeping systems for payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and accounting associated filings
- Maintaining accuracy of cash balances for tills, petty cash and safe
- Processing Accounts Payable and reviewing of purchases for accuracy of coding. Input into accounting system
- Reconciliation of financial transactions with separately owned hotel which includes catering, events and room charges
- Maintenance, tracking and accuracy of loyalty program
- Reviewing and maintaining of personnel records in POS. Assisting in employee record keeping ensuring all termination, rate changes and new hire paperwork are up to date and complete
- Supporting HR with benefits and payroll processes
- Maintaining and publishing financial reporting spreadsheets
- Answering phones and managing guest reservations as needed
- Meeting or exceeding all deadlines
- Completion of other projects and duties as assigned
Accurate cash handling and sales reconciliation experience required.
*Please note that prior to extending job offer, our top candidate will be asked to complete and pass background check*
Compensation:| $28-$30 Hourly| DOE
- Competitive wages
- Growth potential
- Family meals
- Employee dining discount
- Medical (25+ hours/week)
- Dental (25+ hours/week)
- Vision (25+ hours/week)
- Sick Pay
- 401k with employer match (one year of service, and age 21)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) (all employees)
Start Your Application
- We also value our employees’ experience and are closed (without pay) on Sunday and Mondays and certain holidays, except for special engagements.