Welcome To El Gaucho - Applying For The Restaurant Bookkeeper Position
El Gaucho Portland is looking for on an onsite restaurant bookkeeper.
The primary duties of the job include:
- Providing prompt, extraordinary service to guests, peers, and co-workers
- Reconciliation and balancing of staff turn-in reports and commissions, checking of discounts and house charges for accuracy, reporting variances to General Manager
- Maintaining recordkeeping systems for payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and accounting associated filings
- Maintaining accuracy of cash balances for tills, petty cash and safe
- Processing Accounts Payable and reviewing of purchases for accuracy of coding. Input into accounting system
- Reconciliation of financial transactions with separately owned hotel which includes catering, events and room charges
- Maintenance, tracking and accuracy of loyalty program
- Reviewing and maintaining of personnel records in POS. Assisting in employee record keeping ensuring all termination, rate changes and new hire paperwork are up to date and complete
- Supporting HR with benefits and payroll processes
- Maintaining and publishing financial reporting spreadsheets
- Answering phones and managing guest reservations as needed
- Meeting or exceeding all deadlines
- Completion of other projects and duties as assigned
Minimum of two years of hospitality or accounting industry experience. Accurate cash handling and sales reconciliation experience required. To be successful you will perform each essential duty at a professional level.
Benefits Include: Competitive wages, growth potential, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K with company matching, employee meals and employee dining discount.
We also value our employees experience and are closed on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Christmas Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, 4th of July and Super bowl Sunday.
Start Your Application