EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR - Douglas County Community Foundation
Douglas County Community Foundation (“DCCF”) needs an Executive Director (“ED”) to oversee and manage the operations of the Foundation; and be key to fundraising and the public persona of the Foundation. The ED will oversee fundraising, grants, public relations, administration and finance, and partnership opportunities. The ED will work with the Board of Directors of the Foundation (the “Board”) to set priorities, plan and implement fundraising campaigns, identify and vet nonprofit partners, and oversee charitable giving to carry out the mission of the Foundation. DCCF anticipates substantial growth of the organization and seeks someone who is growth oriented.
The Douglas County Community Foundation (“DCCF” or “Foundation”) is a philanthropic organization committed to the elevation of Douglas County through care and commitment to community causes and needs. The Foundation facilitates philanthropy, manages funds, partners with non-profits, coordinates campaigns, and makes a meaningful impact in the lives of Douglas County residents. Douglas County, CO is the 9th wealthiest county in the US and the second healthiest county in the United States according to US News & World Report. Douglas County is an incredible place to live, work, play, and raise a family.
The primary responsibilities of the ED include the following:
1. Uphold the stated purpose and mission of the DCCF
2. Implement and communicate the priorities, goals and strategies that the Board establishes for the DCCF
3. Design, plan, and manage fundraising campaigns and events
4. Provide a strategic plan to the Board, including the establishment of priorities for the activities and fundraising efforts
5. Present current issues and trends to the Board affecting the non-profit sector and Douglas County
6. Build and maintain strong relationships with professional associations and community members
7. Coordinate with the Board Committees to implement the Board’s vision
8. Serve as a liaison between DCCF and the Douglas County Gives Program (“DCG”)
9. Create a plan to fundraise and partner with existing non-profits for an emergency fund of the DCCF to quickly deploy resources for potential emergencies.
10. Engage and oversee the administrative functions of the DCCF to sustain community responsiveness, scheduling, meetings, and event logistics.
SPECIFIC SKILLS and DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Demonstrated management, administrative and finance experience
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills
3. Working knowledge of marketing and fundraising strategies
4. Seasoned experience in public and community relations
5. Background in non-profit development and fundraising activities
6. Ability to work independently and be resourceful, as the DCCF does not have a large staff
7. A good listener and strategist, with the ability to analyze disparate information and formulate into an effective plan
8. Commitment to ongoing professional development
9. Bachelor’s degree and a minimum five years of relevant work experience .
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS, ETC:
This position includes a starting compensation package range of $120,000 - $150,000, which is inclusive of a bonus that may make up to 40% of the salary tied to performance metrics as determined by the Board. In addition, this compensation range is inclusive of benefits (to be determined). It is anticipated, but not guaranteed, that the Board will increase this salary range for the ED after the first year. PTO, medical and other paid leave shall be at the discretion of the Board and shall be included in any employment offer.
ALL applicants must complete the online application and assessment process prior to consideration by DCCF. Qualified candidates will be contacted promptly for a confidential interview.
Start Your Application