Community Legal Information (CLI) is an Island charity that provides legal information, public education, justice system navigation, and lawyer referrals. Our goal is to provide Islanders with useful and understandable information about our laws and the justice system.
Community Legal Information offers a legal support service for people who have experienced sexual violence or workplace sexual harassment – the RISE Program. We are seeking an empathetic and resourceful person to provide service to RISE clients and general CLI clients as well. The Client Service Worker will be responsible for client intake, legal information, referrals to community supports, and assistance navigating their legal options. They will also assist with the coordination of trauma-informed training for stakeholders and will also recruit lawyers for the RISE program. Travel throughout the province is required occasionally.
Community Legal Information provides a legal information inquiry line and lawyer referral service. The Client Service Worker will work some of the time providing general client service and some of the time working with the RISE program.
Client Service Worker Duties:
• Case management: Answer inquiries about the RISE program and available resources, provide legal information and lawyer referrals, provide referrals to other community supports, provide emotional support, educate clients about legal options, and track statistics.
• Program delivery: Assist with RISE program delivery as needed, including planning, administration, marketing, outreach, evaluation, budgeting, and reporting.
• Community Networking: Foster community partnerships relevant to the program.
• Public Education Materials: Assist with the development of plain language legal resources.
• Teamwork: Collaborate with colleagues to deliver effective public legal education programming. Inquiry Line and Lawyer Referral Service (LRS):
• Respond to general legal information requests by phone, email, and live chat.
• Provide lawyer referrals when appropriate. The Lawyer Referral Service allows the client to meet with a lawyer for up to 45 minutes for $25+ tax.
• Provide appropriate referrals to community organizations, government departments, or other services.
• Ensure that concerns from lawyers and clients are immediately forwarded to the Executive Director.
• Manage and improve LRS information and processes as part of the CLI Team.
• Administer LRS procedures in a sensitive, confidential, and accountable manner.
• University or college degree in a related field or an equal combination of skills and work experience.
• 1+ years’ experience working with vulnerable populations.
• 1+ years’ experience working with the public.
• Demonstrated sensitivity towards survivors of sexual violence and workplace sexual harassment.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and an ability to work effectively with others.
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and critical thinking skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and other basic office software.
• Fluency in English and French.
• Access to reliable transportation.
• Experience working in a non-profit setting.
• Training in crisis intervention.
• An understanding of the law and legal processes on PEI. Full time one-year contract position at 37.5 hours per week. Possibility of extension. Salary range is $42,000 - $45,000. 1-year contract position. Medical and dental benefits package and competitive vacation offered upon completion of probationary period. Some overtime may be required occasionally.
To apply, please include cover letter, resume, plain language writing sample, three references, and complete the TalentSorter questionnaires. Candidates who do not submit all of the requested elements will not be considered. The deadline to apply is Thursday June 24th at 5 pm.Start Your Application