Gensquared prides itself on being at the forefront of innovation in the Big Data space.
Founded in 2010, Gensquared provides thought leadership and implementation excellence within the ever-growing data and analytics world. The volume of data is expected to grow to 5x what it is today, and Gensquared helps its customers to be well-positioned for success to use this data to their advantage. Companies that use data have been proven to outperform their peers by as much as 85% (McKinsey Group 2017).
We take pride in having some of the most highly trained and experienced consultants in the industry which translates into optimal value for our clients. We were one of the first companies to provide analytics and data as a service, via the cloud, as early as 2010. We strive to make sure our customers are well-positioned with the best technologies/tools in the industry, constantly evaluating new and existing technology partnerships. Some of the more prominent companies we have partnered with include; Snowflake, DataRobot, MicroStrategy, Informatica, Amazon AWS & Microsoft. We continue to invest in our most valuable resource, our people. We do this through extensive training both on the job and through various educational programs.
Our consultants are family and valuing each other is one of our most important core values. We are looking to grow our family as we search for a Senior Data Engineer.
This individual will be responsible for attaining the following goals:
- Attaining a minimum of 1 new accreditation/certification per year
- Spending 80% or more of their time on billable work
- Completing 90% or more of their agile delivery tasks on time
- Demonstrating competency in 1 new relevant technology every year
Day to day activities for this role would include:
- Conduct relevant customer interviews to determine key business requirements and objectives
- Build appropriate analytical data models based on outcomes of user interviews
- Analyze and profile data systems to build source to target data mappings
- Build required ETL to populate target designed data warehouse and/or data lake
- Review ETL performance and conducts performance tuning as required on mappings/workflows or SQL
- Administration and support of data integration infrastructure
- 2nd level on-call support of ETL services as required
Desired Skills and Experience
- University/College degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Science and/or Relevant Degree
- 5+ years hands-on development, configuration, scripting and administration experience with Data Integration platforms. (i.e. Informatica, Talend, DataStage, SSIS)
- BI Experience (MicroStrategy, Looker, Tableau, PowerBI) considered a nice to have
- Extensive theoretical and practical knowledge of data warehousing principles/concepts and practical development experience in all areas of the data warehousing life cycle
- Experience with Data Management, ETL, Cloud Data (AWS), Data Integration
- Knowledge of OLAP-related principles and concepts
- Strong grasp of data modeling techniques and concepts (Normalized/Denormalized, Conceptual/Logical/Physical, Star, Snowflake, Data Vault)
- Strong knowledge and experience with relational databases such as Snowflake, SQL Server, Oracle (Advanced knowledge of reading and writing SQL, Performance analysis and tuning)
- Knowledge and experience with key Big Data technologies (Hive, Presto, Spark, Kafka, NoSQL databases, Semi-structured data access patterns (Json, Parquet, XML, etc.))
- Strong Python scripting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Great problem-solving skills
- Leadership and good client management skills