Welcome To PRAXES Medical Group - Applying For The Pharmacy Technician Position
Shipp Pharmacy is the integrated pharmacy partner of PRAXES Medical Group. PRAXES and Shipp Pharmacy work closely together to provide a full range of medications, medical equipment and supplies to clients across Canada and internationally.
We have a detailed hiring process to make sure that everyone we hire is a good fit with our team, and our values, which are:
- Be AGILE – responsive, flexible, creative, adapting.
- Be EFFECTIVE – deliver real value to our clients.
- Act with INTEGRITY – with co-workers, partners, clients, suppliers. Do the right thing, even when no one is watching.
Working under the direction of Larry Shipp, Pharmacist, the Pharmacy Technician will have the following responsibilities:
- Supports distribution services by stocking, assembling, and distributing medications.
- Interacts with clients primarily via e-mail and occasionally by telephone.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed medications and supplies, placing and expediting orders, verifying receipt, and removing outdated drugs.
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Organizes medications and medical supplies by reading medication orders and prescriptions, preparing labels, calculating quantities, and packing orders.
- Coordinating delivery of orders to clients across Canada.
- Maintains records by recording and filing physicians’ orders and prescriptions.
- Generates invoices.
- Prepares monthly reports.
A typical work week is 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday.
You will work closely with SHIPP and PRAXES employees to deliver high quality service to our shared clients.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Attention to detail – makes sure that nothing is dropped!
- Strong communication skills, both internal and external
- Inventory Management, both digital and physical.
- Reporting – running standard reports, and creating new reports.
- Whatever it takes attitude – able to turn orders around quickly when needed.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Pharmacy technician certification, eligible for registration with NS College of Pharmacists.
- Previous experience as a Pharmacy Technician
- Previous experience in a pharmacy, retail, medical, or customer service setting
Start Your Application
- Competitive salary
- 3 weeks vacation
- Flexible work hours