Welcome To Sheridan Nurseries Limited - Applying For The Garden Supply Sales Supervisor Position
Sheridan Nurseries Etobicoke / East Mississauga Garden Centre is actively searching for a:
Garden Supply Sales Supervisor
Permanent, Full Time
About the Job
This supervisory role involves driving sales productivity of the Garden Supply categories, including Garden Care, Fertilizer, Tools, and Garden Supplies. This is achieved through selling, ordering, merchandising, marketing, and overall department supervision.
The successful candidate will be a leader who is driven, organized and have a strong guest service focus and an enthusiasm for sharing their knowledge, passion, and expertise. This is a full-time permanent position, and we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including a company pension.
- Leading and training the Garden Supply Sales team in sales skills and product knowledge.
- Selling the complete solution while providing excellent service to guests.
- Managing inventory of Garden Supply while minimizing scrap and shrink.
- Merchandising and ensuring the floor presentation is meeting the corporate Standards of Excellence.
- Accurate completion of all paperwork associated with the Garden Supply department, including orders and invoices.
- Serve as a leader by setting the example for compliance with company policies and health and safety regulations, and assist with keeping high store standards and housekeeping while working safely.
- Strive to promote the best interests of Sheridan Nurseries consistently in all aspects of the business.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Start Your Application
- Quality leadership and retailing experience.
- Extensive knowledge base of garden care (including treatment of pest and disease), fertilizer, tools and accessories.
- Friendly, outgoing personality with an enthusiastic approach to selling and for providing excellent customer service, ensuring that all guests are cared for equally and in accordance with Sheridan Nurseries standards.
- High standard of professionalism with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency, handling multiple demands, setting priorities and exhibiting strong problem solving skills.
- This position will require full-time availability, with the flexibility to work a variety of shifts including evenings, weekends, and holidays as scheduled on a reasonable basis.
- The job involves extended periods of standing and work in various weather conditions, with bending and squatting at various times required, as well as being able to lift up to 50lbs.