Welcome To Careers in Sustainability - Applying For The Operations Technician - Sustane Technologies Position
Careers in Sustainability
This position is supported through the Careers in Sustainability program, a joint initiative of the Nova Scotia Innovation Hub and IGNITE. Wage subsidies are available for candidates who are unemployed, getting less than full-time hours, or are getting full-time hours in a low-wage or precarious position. Email email@example.com if you're unsure of your eligibility, or visit www.careersinsustainability.ca to learn more.
Sustane Technologies is a Canadian cleantech innovator, focused on municipal waste transformation. Sustane's technology is able to recover and repurpose almost 90% of the garbage that would have ordinarily ended up in a landfill.
Job Description & Accountabilities
Reporting to and under the direction of the Plant Manager, this position is accountable to deliver effective support and coordination to the plant operations as follows;
Safety / Environment
- Adhering to workplace safety and environmental policies, regulations and compliances at all times.
- Assist with completion of operations teams daily Risk/Task Assessments forms
- Participate in facilitation and coordination of operations monthly safety meetings
- Participate in daily toolbox talks
- Participate in adhering to Housekeeping policy
- Assist with documentation and organization of all policies and procedures.
- Assist as required with incident reports, risk assessments, and incident root cause analyses
Training (Operations / Safety)
- Become familiar with all training documentation and material along with standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Contribute to any documentation and SOPs for job-related tasks
- Ensures execution of operational procedures on all shifts
- Ensures all incidents or irregularities capable of affecting quality are reported to the Lab Technician and Production Manager.
- Monitoring and troubleshoot operating equipment
- Participate in completing all shift logs
- Minimum schooling or formal training for a new person being hired for this job.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Post-secondary education (e.g. Community College) in a related field is considered a strong asset.
- Provincial or professional certification or degree require
- Minimum 3rd Class Power Engineer
- Hot water boiler systems
- Statistical Process Control.
- All Plant process operations
- Plant layout and equipment.
- Effective communication and organization
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Creativity and problem solving
- Efficient and proficient in preparation of briefing notes, logs, reporting and other written correspondence
- Experience in a similar operation an asset but not mandatory.
- Oil & Gas an asset but not mandatory.
- Pulp & Paper an asset but not mandatory.
Closing Date: July 31, 2021
Start Your Application