Welcome To Fiona's Garden Gate Inc. - Applying For The Landscape Technician - StoneMason Assistant Position
Stone Mason Assistant - Natural Stone Installer
Fiona’s Garden Gate Inc. – Etobicoke, ON
High End Residential Landscapes
- Customer and quality focus
- Effective communication skills (both verbal & written)
- Team work
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Responsibility and dependability
- Ethics and integrity
- Assist in the execution of construction projects, planning labor requirements, equipment requirements and material deliveries and timing to ensure completion of job(s) within project deadlines.
- Assist in safety, quality and productivity of work at sites and/or shop/yard
- Assist in the preparation of jobsites prior to the beginning of a project
- Operate various tools and equipment, including heavy equipment, chainsaws, jackhammers, laser levels, measurement equipment, shovels, hammers, drills, etc.
- Assist in the construction of walkways, fences, decks, posts, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections, lubricating and cleaning on a daily basis.
- Assist in reading and interpret blueprints, structural drawings and specifications to delegate/complete work activities
- Comply with all company policies and regulations
- Assist in maintaining and enforce standards of cleanliness and organization in assigned trucks, trailers, equipment, jobsites and shop/yard areas
- Assist that all work activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner and that all crew members are in compliance with government and company PPE Standards
- Assist and ensure all work is in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations at shop/yard and on job sites
- Communicate with customers in a polite and courteous manner
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the landscape/construction industry
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective communication shills (both verbal & written)
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Time management skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various landscape/construction practices
- Speak, read and write in English
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools and equipment, heavy equipment and materials
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs. repeatedly through and entire work shift
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent stamina is required
- Work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, dust, noise and cold
- Flexible working hours including occasional weekend work
- TBD – If you do not have 3 years minimum experience in Landscape Construction please do not apply.
Start Your Application