Welcome To Celebrate Group - Applying For The Civil Structural Engineer Position
The Structural Engineer / Project Manager role is an intermediate position responsible for the completion of structural engineering design, investigation and management of multiple projects of varying scope and complexity. The role is in Sudbury, Ontario (5 hours North of Toronto)
- Complete structural reviews of existing buildings/structures.
- Complete written condition/evaluation reports.
- Completion of engineering design assignments and management of projects of various scope and complexity.
- Completion of complex engineering design projects in conjunction with senior Engineers.
- Use of a variety of standard engineering methods and techniques to solve problems.
- Office review of structural engineering shop drawings and calculations.
- Field review of structural related construction (e.g. reinforcing steel).
- Application of design software for structural design in conjunction with senior Engineers.
- Recommend technological improvements to the department.
- Assist other engineers in carrying out technical tasks requiring accuracy in calculations, completeness of data an adherence to prescribed testing analysis, design or computation methods.
- Providing guidance and direction to junior and student engineers or technicians.
- Client interfacing, as required.
- Project management and coordination duties.
- Other assigned duties and tasks, as required.
Start Your Application
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- P.Eng designation or working towards.
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in a consulting engineering environment managing building sciences / structural restoration projects.
- Bilingual (French / English, verbal and written)
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to provide leadership to junior engineers/technicians.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Self-motivating and ability to multi-task while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- Good oral and written English communication skills.
- Ability to act with business integrity and professionalism.