Welcome To Canadian Electric - Applying For The Estimator / Project Coordinator Position
This position requires the ability to visualize a project by reviewing specification and drawings through various phases of construction and provide a detailed estimate of the project costs with state of the art estimating software.
- Source new project tenders though electrical procurement portals
- Review and understand tender specifications and drawings
- Attending pre-tender site meetings to review scope of work and meet with clients
- Preparing takeoffs and formalize estimates for new electrical projects
- Engage suppliers and subcontractors to obtain competitive pricing to incorporate into estimates
- Obtaining bidders list and preparing lead letters
- Produce all costs for tender submission - material, labour, equipment, subcontractor through estimating software to develop accurate quotations
- Participate in closing the bid, including bid review meeting, etc.
- Assists with Prequalification, RFQ's and RFI submissions as required
- Reviewing all contracts and accepted quotations, reviewing CCDC Documents
- Reviewing and circulating shop drawings
- Preparing purchase order to vendors and suppliers
- Managing, reviewing and organizing change directives, site instruction and change orders.
- Preparing prices for extras or credits associated with each change.
- Staying aware and informed of all new materials or techniques by attending material manufacturer's seminars, trade shows, etc
Start Your Application
- 2 years electrical estimating experience required
- Experience with Accubid estimating software - Bidwinner, Live Count and Change order
- Strong blueprint reading skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills