Welcome To Motion Electrical Contracting Ltd. - Applying For The Fire Alarm Technician/ Apprentice Electrician Position
Motion Electrical Contracting Ltd. is a MULTI-TRADE ( Electrical, HVAC, Fire Alarm) company that is growing and we are adding to our team!
We are looking to hire a motivated licensed CFAA Fire Alarm Technician/ Apprentice Electrician. If you enjoy a successful, fast paced, flexible environment don't miss the opportunity to join our fantastic team!
Full-time CFAA Fire Alarm Technician/ Apprentice Electrician to work with minimal supervision in a growing environment servicing customers in the commercial, residential and industrial sectors.
Must be able to work efficiently independently as well as with others.
- Test, repair, and service a variety of fire alarm systems and equipment with guidance as needed. Uses solid troubleshooting skills to isolate and fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
- Asses code requirements and make recommendations to clients to service, maintain, replace or upgrade equipment.
- Identifies and resolves problems for most types of service calls including emergency calls; analyzes repair requirements and provides customer with appropriate solutions; completes necessary repairs and replacements as needed
- Using technical knowledge, skills and experience, may act as mentor for less experienced staff. May provide guidance to workers in testing, annual inspections, and adjusting equipment to obtain optimum operating performance.
- Effectively communicate project requirements and status including project change proposals and related project activities on a regular basis to project manager/supervisor and customers.
- Complete accurate and detailed service reports for customers
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
Key Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- CFAA Certification required.
- G Driver's Licence
- Ability to work under pressure; ability to determine the needs and wants of the customer without being prompted
- Proven ability to troubleshoot problems and look for solutions
- Must be a self-starter and work well with limited supervision
- Comfortable working with a variety of hand and power tools such as drill, screwdriver, wire stripper, hacksaw, crimper
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple service needs simultaneously
- Strong proficiency with MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
A few of the perks working for us!
- Opportunity to gain additional trade licenses
- *309A Electricians and G2 Gas Technicians on staff*
- Newly built bright shop
- Use of company vehicle
- Company cell phone
Daily perks!!! Who likes free snacks and beverages?! Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and various snacks available.
Excellent working environment with a great team atmosphere
Day Shift - (must have the flexibility to occasionally work other shifts as required, we are also flexible in return!)
Benefit packages available after 3 months of service
RRSP program including a company contribution after 6 months of service
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Alarm Technician : 1 year (Preferred)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Start Your Application