Welcome To Cambridge Landscaping & Construction Ltd. - Applying For The Crew Leader/Foreperson Position
Crew Leader/Foreperson work closely with Project Managers to successfully complete projects with an emphasis on safety, timeliness, and budget.
Crew Leader/Foreperson scope of work will encompass executing construction tasks on time and on schedule. This includes completing documentation related to work performed, supplies received, subcontractors and Health & Safety requirements. They will also provide direction and training to Labourers as required. The work is outdoors, in a fast paced and team-focused environment.
- Plan, schedule, and execute construction tasks in accordance with the construction schedule.
- Ensure subcontractors arrive on site and conduct their work as specified and as scheduled.
- Maintain communications with Management and Operations regarding the planning and execution of construction tasks as it relates to meeting schedule and budget targets, quality of products and installations, conduct of staff and subcontractors under supervision, relations with subcontractors, employees, vendors and customers, and uses management and co-workers as a resource in the efficient execution of the work.
- Consistently maintain a high quality of workmanship on construction tasks within the specifications and budget provided for in the contract.
- Devise and initiate solutions to on-site business and construction issues related to materials, staffing, subcontractors, quality, schedule, customer satisfaction, health and safety, budget, specifications, design, additions and deletions, changes in scope of work.
- Maintain a daily log of events relating to attendance on site, equipment, subcontractors, consultants, clients, and owners.
- Always maintain positive public regard to CLC management, employees, vendors and clients.
- Comply with and enforce, the duties outlined within the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations for Constructions Projects.
- Perform snow maintenance duties as required.
Start Your Application
- Familiar with civil engineering and/or landscaping construction processes and projects.
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- Ability to use MS Word and Excel.
- Familiar with the Ontario Building Code.
- Valid driver’s licence with clean abstract is required.