Welcome To Sakura Gardens - Applying For The Landscape Crew Member Position
This candidate is employed full time during the spring and/or summer seasons. Working days are from Monday to Friday and Saturdays during April-June, and some July Saturdays if needed. Education and experience in landscape management not necessary but is an asset.
- Garden maintenance – cultivating, weeding, fertilizing, perennial care, pruning
- Available for early morning starts to load truck and trailer, and water and weed plant inventory
- Near the end of workday load trailer and clean work site, including sweeping and blowing
- Operate small equipment like backpack blowers, hedge trimers, etc.
- Plant trees, shrubs, perennials, and annuals
- Build gardens – site setup, digging and wheelbarrowing, planting and mulching
- Lay flagstone and place armour stone
- Learn and expand knowledge of landscape maintenance and garden installation
- Take direction and work alongside team leaders and supervisors
- Follow on-site health and safety procedures
- Use Jobber software to track time and input notes when required
- High school diploma
- Landscape experience is an asset
- Physically capable of lifting 40 pounds of more, wheelbarrowing, and repetitive tasks
- Must be able to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- High attention to detail
- Team oriented and able to complete all tasks assigned
- Problem-solving skills necessary to solve team and/or client issues on site
- Hard working and self-motivated
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Must provide a valid G2 driver’s license and sometimes provide own transportation to job sites
- Provides own transportation
- Basic tools provided for $200 and bought back at the end of summer for $180
- Contract signed at start of employment
- Staff member so taxes deducted with each paycheque or subcontractor status
- Hourly pay: $17/hour no experience; $18-19/hour depending on experience; progression plan established and linked with pay increases
Sakura Gardens is passionate about creating a work environment where each crew member can excel to their fullest potential while enjoying what they do.
We look forward to hearing back from you!
Start Your Application