Welcome To Tree Valley Garden Centre Ltd - Applying For The Heavy Equipment Operator/Plant Sales Position
We are looking for individuals who have a positive self-motivating attitude and willingness to work hard in our fast paced outdoor environment. We are a team-orientated company and successful candidates will be willing to work in alternative positions/perform different tasks as requested by upper management. The ideal candidate is dependable, not scared to get dirty and friendly.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- To perform work tasks in all types of weather outdoors
- Provide excellent customer service by finding solutions/answers for questions and concerns
- Plant sales including proper education on plant care and choice for the customers unique garden needs
- Stocking the sales yard, and merchandising
- Plant care and maintenance including watering and pruning
- Assisting with loading of both small and large items in customer or company vehicles
- Assisting with organizing customer orders
- Providing phone call or email plant consultations
- Keep the greenhouse and yard in a clean and orderly manner ensuring areas are maintaining with AODA standards
*and other tasks as assigned by upper management.
Qualification and skills
- Past experience working in a greenhouse, garden centre, nursery or for a landscaping company is an asset.
- Capable of lifting up to 25-50 pounds, bending, twisting, walking and standing for long periods of times
- Experience and licensed using a forklift, front end loader is an asset
- Dependable to work efficiently independently
- Able to work as team on group tasks efficiently
- Willingness to learn and help where they can
- Capable of working long shifts
- Candidates should have strong knowledge or willingness to continuously learn about different plants (annuals, perennials, shrubs and trees) & gardening trends.
- Ability to provide sound horticulture consultation with respect to plant selection and plant care specific to customer needs is an asset
- Ability to provide specific gardening advice to customers, for example on soils, fertilization, pest control, irrigation and use of garden equipment is an asset
- Experience with planting large trees according to Landscape Ontario best practice standards is an asset
Benefits of working at Tree Valley Garden Centre
Start Your Application
- Weekly paychecks
- Working outdoors
- ++ hours available
- Past college and university students were able to save enough money for the entire school year
- Potential to be invited to work back next season
- Potential benefit package in the future