Welcome To Tree Valley Garden Centre Ltd - Applying For The Garden Centre Salesperson Position
To perform work tasks in all types of weather outdoors
Provide excellent customer service by finding solutions/answers for questions and concerns
Plant sales including proper education on plant care and choice for the customers unique garden needs
Assess inventory of stock and advise supervisor of new stock requirements.
Generate sales by advising customers on selection of plants, shrubs and trees; methods of planting and cultivation; and proper care.
Stocking the sales yard, and merchandising
Plant care and maintenance including watering and pruning
Assisting with loading of both small and large items in customer or company vehicles
Assisting with organizing customer orders
Providing phone call or email plant consultations
Keep the greenhouse and yard in a clean and orderly manner ensuring areas are maintaining with AODA standards
*and other tasks as assigned by upper management .'
Qualification and skills
- Past experience working in a greenhouse, garden centre, nursery or for a landscaping company is an asset.
- Capable of lifting up to 25-50 pounds, bending, twisting, walking and standing for long periods of times
- Experience and licensed using a forklift, front end loader is an asset
- Dependable to work efficiently independently
- Able to work as team on group tasks efficiently
- Willingness to learn and help where they can
- Capable of working long shifts
- Candidates should have strong knowledge or willingness to continuously learn about different plants (annuals, perennials, shrubs and trees) & gardening trends.
- Ability to provide sound horticulture consultation with respect to plant selection and plant care specific to customer needs is an asset
- Ability to provide specific gardening advice to customers, for example on soils, fertilization, pest control, irrigation and use of garden equipment is an asset
- Experience with planting large trees according to Landscape Ontario best practice standards is an asset
Benefits of working at Tree Valley Garden Centre
Start Your Application
- Weekly paychecks
- Working outdoors
- ++ hours available
- Past college and university students were able to save enough money for the entire school year
- Potential to be invited to work back next season
- Potential benefit package in the future