People Plus Consulting Limited, an innovative and dynamic company with over 29 years of experience in providing job search assistance and support to residents of Halifax, is currently seeking a full time Events Specialist at Job Junction Nova Scotia Works, Halifax, NS.
Full-time – (35.0 hours/week)
Anticipated START DATE: September 15, 2021
Deadline: August 27, 2021.
Key Activities: The Events Specialist will support the Halifax-area Nova Scotia Works team by increasing opportunities for clients and employers to connect with the aim of building successful employment partnerships. This newly-created position will be responsible for event coordination, outreach activities and promotion, including the annual Spring Job Fair and other regional employment events within Halifax Regional Municipality.
• Coordinate and organize the Annual Spring Halifax Job Fair (ASJF)
• Vendor procurement and maintenance of the formats for events, including virtual and in-person venues
• Create and manage virtual events, including resolving technical issues for attendees and presenters leading up to and during live events
• Liaise with the team of Employer Engagement Specialists (EES) in the Halifax region on collective events, under the direction of the Executive Director
• Assist the Halifax-area EES with communications and promotion of job fair and other employment/hiring events
• Coordinate joint events related to specific target groups (i.e.: visible minorities, LGBTQ2+ community, newcomers, youth, etc.), plus sector-specific employment events (i.e.: security, finance, etc.)
• Create and collect event evaluations from all participants, analyse results and provide report to Executive Director to assist in continuous improvement of services and events
• Standardize and facilitate the use of technology in hybrid (virtual/ in-person) events to ensure maximum audience reach and client accessibility
• Create, maintain and promote a calendar of events to maximize participation
• Maintain a comprehensive list of sources to effectively promote events to target audience
• Facilitation - Ability to design, organize and facilitate one on one and group sessions with diverse client groups on a broad range of pre-employment and job maintenance skills
• Create and provide onboarding event documents for clients and employers to maximize technology use
• Working knowledge of in-person and virtual event management techniques and technology
• Comfortable adapting to new technologies to run effective events
• Effective communicator with the ability to support, motivate and build a trusting rapport with system partners
• Skilled at developing and maintaining positive relationships with community partners and external organizations
• Effective time management skills, demonstrates sound judgement and adapts well in a dynamic work environment
• Committed to inclusionary practice, working with diverse client groups and developing opportunities for job seekers and employers to connect in the community
• Preference will be given to individuals with a Bachelor’s Degree/Post-Secondary/or equivalent education and work experience in the areas of Events Management, Business, Human Services or Human Resources.
Completion of secondary school and several years of experience in services related to event management or in a helping profession may replace formal education.
• Proficient computer skills, particularly in MS Office, with reliable typing speed and accuracy, along with working knowledge of various event platforms
• Experience working with persons with disabilities, Indigenous Peoples, African Canadians, other racially visible persons, and persons with employment barriers would be considered an asset.
• Ability to secure a clear Vulnerable Sector Check and/or a Criminal Record Check
• Experience delivering services and support in a client-centred work environment
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to ensure the highest standard of service delivery
• Bilingual (French) or other languages considered an asset.
Deadline for Submission is September 3, 2021.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No Agencies please.
People Plus Consulting Limited is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The organization encourages applications from qualified First Nations people, African Nova Scotians, persons with disability, racially visible persons, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and all qualified candidates who contribute to the diversity of our community. We are looking to continue to build on our diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage candidates to self-identify in their application.Start Your Application