Welcome To Sunny Skies Property Services - Applying For The Landscape Maintenance Crew Leader Position
We are looking for hardworking, independent individuals to be a part of the company for the 2021 landscaping season (and beyond). The position begins as soon as mid-August. Qualified individuals have a chance at being part of our property maintenance division. Our maintenance division provides property services such as garden and lawn care, spring cleanups, and fall cleanups.
Responsibilities of the job include:
- Must have several years of landscape experience as well as leadership experience. Must be able to meet and sell to prospective clients, effectively estimate jobs (measuring and eyeing material amounts and estimated hours), manage crews to perform top quality jobs from beginning to completion, have outstanding attention to detail and vision to deliver great services to our clients, submit timesheets, expenses, and administrative documents effectively and in an organized manner.
- Must be extremely competent in all landscaping maintenance tasks such as lawn maintenance, weeding, pruning, edging, hedge trimming, transplanting & planting, tree and shrub removal, spreading mulch, and laying sod.
- Experience driving a Zero Turn Riding Mower
- Clean driving record and ability to drive with a trailer.
- Being a hard, tough worker. Some days can be extremely hot and a lot of jobs are tough. Be prepared to work hard.
- Effective communicator and team leader. Must be skilled in directing others, reporting to management, communicating events, ideas, and suggestions.
- Be able to take directions from management and effectively carry out orders.
- Be a proficient problem solver. Challenges regularly arises and you have to be intelligent and resourceful to solve the problems effectively.
- Attention to detail. We service high-profile clients and doing a detailed and quality job is very important.
- Cleanliness and politeness.
- Personable and Outgoing. You will be meeting prospective clients and selling our services. You need to be knowledgable, kind, and honest.
- Every day is spent outdoors.
- Working with a crew of some awesome people.
- Opportunities to advance within an expanding company.
- Opportunities to get industry certified through the Horticulture Technician Apprenticeship Program.
Wage is dependent on experience (starting at $20/hour) for Crew Leader position. Start date is late August.
Start Your Application
- Several years experience in the landscaping field in a leadership position
- Willingness to work hard and to learn.
- G license and competence driving a crew truck and trailer
- Enrolment or graduation in courses relating to horticulture, construction, or, landscaping desired
- CHT, CLT, or ICPI Landscape Industry Certifications are a strong asset.