Welcome To Braxton Automotive Group - Applying For The Automotive Diagnostic Technician Position
In addition to competitive pay, we offer our employees: 401K With Matching, Health, Dental, Life, Paid Time Off.
ASE Testing Bonus, paid training and NO WEEKENDS.
The Automotive Diagnostic Technician – Will diagnose and perform service write up of customer vehicles by following all established standards and procedures. In addition, he or she may be assigned to conduct pre-delivery quality control inspections/test drives on vehicles repaired by our service department.
The ideal candidate has a high school diploma or GED, some post-secondary automotive training, at least 5 years of dealer-level or independent repair facility experience and or Automotive Service Technician experience. Also certification by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE). An unrestricted driver's license and a clean driving record, a strong technical performance record, and strong physical dexterity and stamina to get the job done are required. He or she must be able to work productively in a fast-paced team environment and must have a positive attitude, professional appearance, great communication skills, and the ability to deliver excellent customer service.
• Effectively and accurately perform an accurate diagnosis of customer vehicles
• Performs routine service inspections or tests and completes standard maintenance jobs.
• Road-test vehicle to ensure quality repair work was completed.
• Maintains cleanliness of vehicles while performing service or repairs.
• Ensures that required documentation is complete and is in compliance with regulations and standards.
• Follows all shop policy, procedure, safety, and environmental rules.
• Helps maintain shop appearance and safety standards and ensures the shop runs in an efficient manner by performing duties such as quality control inspection and other general functions.
• Attends all staff meetings, training, and educational classes as required.
• Maintain an organized and neat shop area.
• Communicate directly with service managers regarding the status of diagnostic work as well as the estimated time for completion so that customers can be informed.
• Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay informed with rapidly changing automotive technology.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Start Your Application
• 5+ years’ experience preferred (dealership or independent).
• Able to drive both automatic and standard transmission vehicles.
• National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification (s) or certification (s) in different specialized areas such as brakes, electrical/electronic systems or engine performance preferred.
• Excellent communication, customer service, and problem-solving skills, including the ability to maintain composure under stress.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to interact professionally with customers, vendors, and staff.
• Safety and customer service oriented.
• Able to bend, kneel, squat, stand, and lift heavy objects as needed.
• Professional appearance and work ethic.
• Self-motivated with solid work habits.