Welcome To Maritime Beauty - Applying For The Accounts Receivable Clerk Position
Maritime Beauty Supply is the leading distributor of professional beauty supplies in the Maritime Provinces. We have a store network of 17 locations representing numerous top professional lines s including but not limited to: Redken, Matrix, L’Oreal Professionnel, Pureology, Moroccan Oil, Olaplex, Verb, Bain de Terre, Cezanne, Babe, Babyliss, Avanti, Sam Villa, Quannessence, OPI, CND, Allpresan, and Gehwol.
We are currently seeking an experienced Accounts Receivable Clerk to join our Accounting team based in our Halifax, NS office. This is a full-time position.
- Record client payments in accounting system
- Processing client payments
- Reconcile accounts, issue credit notes and make adjustments when applicable
- Manage credit holds (approve shipments based on payment and credit history)
- Investigate and resolve client balances & queries
- Collect on overdue accounts
- Client credit management
- Monitor client accounts relative to their assigned credit limit
- Analyze credit reports to assess client’s credit worthiness
- All other duties as assigned
Requirements and Preferences:
- Minimum 5 years related experience in an Accounts Receivable role; or an acceptable equivalent of training and related experience. A post-secondary degree with a focus in accounting/finance will be considered an asset.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated effective time management skills and the ability to meet strict timelines
- Proficient in MS Office programs (specifically Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Team and goal oriented
- Accounts Payable experience would be an asset
Shaping Success Together:
The ability of Maritime Beauty Supply to remain competitive and successful in today’s world is directly attributable to our employees. These beliefs, our commitment to open lines of communication and our policies and practices, ensure that we all operate in a positive employee relations environment that is supportive of our employees. We value our employees and strive to offer an environment of challenge, continued growth and learning opportunities.
- Excellent training and on-going learning and development opportunities
- A supportive and positive work environment and culture
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Qualify for a $1000 bonus upon successful completion of probation
- Medical benefits (Health, Dental and Life Insurances)
- Employee discount
- RSP matching contribution plan
- Employee recognition & anniversary programs
- Competitive paid vacation entitlement
- Perfect attendance program
- Corporate charitable donation program
- Employee fitness program
- Personal, professional and career development programs & tuition reimbursement
- Scholarship programs
- Referral bonus program
- Maternity leave top-up
Apply online by visiting www.JoinTeamMbs.ca.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates being considered will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Maritime Beauty Supply is an equal opportunity employer.
Start Your Application