Welcome To CKF Inc - Applying For The Human Resource Manager Position
Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Managing the recruitment process for Hourly employees and Salaried Operations employees, assuring all Company procedures are followed.
- Maintaining on-going communication with operating departments regarding staffing and selection of employees for promotion/job changes.
- Preparing job postings and rewarding jobs according to the Collective Agreement.
- Coordinating temporary staffing requirements with outside agencies.
- Assuring the correct administration of the Collective Agreement by acting as an advisor to the Supervisors and Managers on interpretation and administration of the clauses in the agreement.
- Investigating all possible discipline situations, recommending appropriate action, and preparing necessary letters and other documentation.
- Conducting grievance investigations, prepares for grievance meetings, and provides correspondence as necessary.
- Works with legal counsel and managers to prepare for arbitration cases.
- Maintains ongoing communication with Union officers regarding grievances, discipline, policy changes, and other general information.
- Organizing and chairing regular Company/Union meetings.
- Mediating resolutions to workplace disputes.
- Preparing Management materials for labour negotiations and participating as an active member of the management negotiating team.
- Managing employee attendance by overseeing the administration of the Employee Attendance Management Program.
- Supervising the overseeing the role of the Disability Case Manager
- Managing the administration of the Hantsport group insurance and pension plans.
- Coordinating employee events and awards programs.
- Continuously looking for areas of improvement in the Human Resources Department in Hantsport.
- Post-secondary education and related experience in Human Resources and Industrial Relations
- CHRP designation is an asset
- Minimum of 5 years human resources experience, preferably in a fast-paced manufacturing environment with a union
- Proven leadership abilities in employee relations
- Ability to understand appropriate priorities
- Good research/analytical skills
- Accomplished in analyzing research and providing advice and recommendations
- Strong knowledge of Nova Scotia labour and employment law
- Ability to implement change management initiatives
- Ability to reduce and mediate conflict
- Willing and able to operate with a sense of urgency when required
- Skilled at drafting employer communications to employees
- Proven excellence in verbal and written communication with management, as well as hourly employees and outside agencies
- Ability to work effectively as a team with an Operations group and other Human Resources/Health and Safety Professionals
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Power Point
Start Your Application