Welcome To Gensquared - Applying For The Data Architect Position
Start Your Application
Gensquared prides itself on being at the forefront of innovation in the Big Data space.
Founded in 2010, Gensquared provides thought leadership and implementation excellence within the ever-growing data and analytics world. The volume of data is expected to grow to 5x what it is today, and Gensquared helps its customers to be well-positioned for success to use this data to their advantage. Companies that use data have been proven to outperform their peers by as much as 85% (McKinsey Group 2017).
We take pride in having some of the most highly trained and experienced consultants in the industry which translates into optimal value for our clients. We were one of the first companies to provide analytics and data as a service, via the cloud, as early as 2010. We strive to make sure our customers are well-positioned with the best technologies/tools in the industry, constantly evaluating new and existing technology partnerships. Some of the more prominent companies we have partnered with include; Snowflake, DataRobot, MicroStrategy, Informatica, Amazon AWS & Microsoft. We continue to invest in our most valuable resource, our people. We do this through extensive training both on the job and through various educational programs.
We are seeking an experienced Data Architect to design and implement world-class data solutions that will meet our customers’ diverse business objectives and needs. This role is remote - work from Anywhere in Canada!
The incumbent will also assist in the establishment and enforcement of architectural standards and best practices to ensure consistency in data solutions delivery across development teams. The Data Architect will provide design, review and general oversight into the design and implementation of new data solutions.
Day to day activities would include:
- Assist in the establishment and adoption of data architecture and development standards/methodologies across development teams
- Manage activities to translate customer business objectives and requirements into data ideation, data design and data implementation
- Lead and provide oversight into the design of end-to-end data solutions including system architecture, data integration, data modelling, security, privacy, regulatory, performance, data governance, etc. considerations to support established customer business objectives
- Lead discovery sessions with primary business stakeholders to obtain knowledge of business objectives, challenges and requirements
- Interact and lead discussions with customer technical stakeholders to communicate and walkthrough architectural designs and technical roadmaps aligned with solution roadmaps
- Stay current on emergent technologies relevant to supporting the data solutions delivered for customers
- Assist in the identification and recommendation of appropriate solutions, upgrades, replacements, or decommissioning options incorporating business and technology productivity, usability, and total cost of ownership
Desired Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience in the design and implementation of architectures to support data solutions
- Demonstrated experience with data integration, data governance, business intelligence technologies considered an asset
- Strong understanding of data modeling (dimensional, data vault, etc.) principles and techniques based on established methodologies (e.g., Kimball)
- Demonstrated experience with design and implementation of analytical data models
- Demonstrated experience deploying data solutions in cloud computing platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong business acumen
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 10+ years of experience related to the delivery of information technology solutions
- 5+ year demonstrated experience in designing and delivering data/information architectures and data architectures
- Related professional certifications and/or training considered an asset
Gensquared is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally protected factors.
Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.