Welcome To Gensquared - Applying For The Business Intelligence Developer Position
Gensquared prides itself on being at the forefront of innovation in the Big Data space.
Founded in 2010, Gensquared provides thought leadership and implementation excellence within the ever-growing data and analytics world. The volume of data is expected to grow to 5x what it is today, and Gensquared helps its customers to be well-positioned for success to use this data to their advantage. Companies that use data have been proven to outperform their peers by as much as 85% (McKinsey Group 2017).
We take pride in having some of the most highly trained and experienced consultants in the industry which translates into optimal value for our clients. We were one of the first companies to provide analytics and data as a service, via the cloud, as early as 2010. We strive to make sure our customers are well-positioned with the best technologies/tools in the industry, constantly evaluating new and existing technology partnerships. Some of the more prominent companies we have partnered with include; Snowflake, DataRobot, MicroStrategy, Informatica, Amazon AWS & Microsoft. We continue to invest in our most valuable resource, our people. We do this through extensive training both on the job and through various educational programs.
We are seeking experienced BI Developers to design and deliver robust analytical and reporting capabilities to support our customer’s data-driven decision-making competencies.
This role is remote - work from Anywhere in Canada!
Day to day activities would include:
- Assisting in the discovery of business stakeholder analytical and reporting challenges and requirements
- Assisting in the discovery of customer business processes to develop business and conceptual object models
- Architect and implementing logical modeling within BI platform technologies to support business requirements
- Designing and develop reports, dashboards and other analytical assets
- Executing administration tasks related to BI platform technologies
- Installation and configuration of BI platform technologies (Windows, Linux)
Desired Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience in the design and implementation of BI solutions
- Demonstrated experience with developing solutions with one or more leading BI platform technologies including: Tableau, Looker, Sisense, Qlik, MicroStrategy, PowerBI, Sigma or related equivalents
- Demonstrated proficiency with reading and writing SQL
- Demonstrated experience with data integration and data governance technologies considered an asset
- Strong understanding of data warehousing and data modeling (dimensional, data vault, etc.) principles and techniques based on established methodologies (e.g., Kimball)
- Demonstrated experience in applying UI/UX and visualization design principles; training and certifications considered an asset
- Demonstrated experience with data analysis
- Demonstrated experience working with relational and columnar databases
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong business acumen
- Related professional certifications and/or training considered an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 10+ years of experience related to the delivery of information technology solutions
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in designing and delivering analytical/reporting solutions with marketing leading BI platform technologies
- solutions with marketing leading BI platform technologies
Gensquared is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally protected factors.
Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Start Your Application