Maritime Beauty Supply is the leading distributor of professional beauty supplies in the Maritime Provinces. We have a store network of 17 locations representing numerous top professional lines s including but not limited to: Redken, Matrix, L’Oreal Professionnel, Pureology, Moroccan Oil, Olaplex, Verb, Bain de Terre, Cezanne, Babe, Babyliss, Avanti, Sam Villa, Quannessence, OPI, CND, Allpresan, and Gehwol.
We are currently seeking a Full-Time Warehouse Manager for our Halifax Distribution Centre. Schedule: Monday to Friday.
• Manage the reception, handling, distribution, and storage of all freight, product, and supplies that come in and out of our Distribution Centre.
• Planning and implementation of new systems, policies & procedures, and technologies to continuously improve the total functionality of the Distribution Centre.
• Ongoing assessment of the Distribution Centre’s performance and develop/achieve quarterly objectives to improve the DC’s work environment and operation.
• Communicate all delays or variances in inbound/outbound freight to the appropriate parties.
• Supervise a team of warehouse employees, including hiring, delegation, training, retention, performance evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination.
• Plan the Distribution Centre’s workload to ensure and co-ordinate staff levels so all departments are on schedule and orders are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Ensure the efficiency and accuracy of operations by regularly tracking key performance indicators and providing ongoing training, as well as updating of all policies & procedures.
• Develop and/or enforce corporate policies regarding security and safety in order to maintain a safe working environment. Ensure said policies are understood and followed by all staff – allocate training time at monthly meetings, complete required documentation and conduct regular inspections.
• Develop and maintain solid relationships with our carriers ensuring the sharing of information is prompt and consistent.
• Negotiate rates with existing carriers and periodically check with other sources for possible savings.
• Plan warehouse layout and space requirements in order to prevent loss or damage, and to achieve full warehouse optimization.
• Maintain strict control over inventory levels in order to meet internal and external demand of product.
• Maintain appropriate and complete documentation regarding regulated products and/or hazardous materials.
• Conduct periodic spot-checks of inventory levels, supplies, or equipment.
• Regular completion of administrative tasks.
• Total facility maintenance including repairs, improvements, and waste management.
• Assess the need for, and arrange the purchase of, moving equipment like forklifts, crash pads, dollies, and so on.
• All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Core Competencies:
• University or College degree/diploma with a focus on business management, warehousing, transportation, supply chain management
• 3+ years of direct management in warehouse operations
• 3+ years of directly managing and/or supervising a large number of staff and multiple departments
• Experience in multiple warehouse settings and or technology (such as WMS, warehouse planograms)
• Strong and proven project people & process management skills and flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities and deadlines.
• Excellent analytical capabilities and strong detail focus
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and use of technology
Shaping Success Together:
The ability of Maritime Beauty Supply to remain competitive and successful in today’s world is directly attributable to our employees. These beliefs, our commitment to open lines of communication and our policies and practices, ensure that we all operate in a positive employee relations environment that is supportive of our employees. We value our employees and strive to offer an environment of challenge, continued growth and learning opportunities.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates being considered will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Maritime Beauty Supply is an equal opportunity employer.
Start Your Application