Gensquared prides itself on being at the forefront of innovation in the Big Data space.
Founded in 2010, Gensquared provides thought leadership and implementation excellence within the ever-growing data and analytics world. The volume of data is expected to grow to 5x what it is today, and Gensquared helps its customers to be well-positioned for success to use this data to their advantage. Companies that use data have been proven to outperform their peers by as much as 85% (McKinsey Group 2017).
We take pride in having some of the most highly trained and experienced consultants in the industry which translates into optimal value for our clients. We were one of the first companies to provide analytics and data as a service, via the cloud, as early as 2010. We strive to make sure our customers are well-positioned with the best technologies/tools in the industry, constantly evaluating new and existing technology partnerships. Some of the more prominent companies we have partnered with include; Snowflake, DataRobot, MicroStrategy, Informatica, Amazon AWS & Microsoft. We continue to invest in our most valuable resource, our people. We do this through extensive training both on the job and through various educational programs.
We believe that our employees are family; valuing each other is one of our most important core values. We are now looking for an innovative Data Governance Analyst to help service some of our largest clients. This role is remote - work from Anywhere in Canada!
The Data Governance Analyst is responsible for designing and implementing end-to-end data governance solutions for our customers. They will possess excellent communication skills and will partner closely with all levels of the customer organization to achieve business objectives through data governance best practices.
Day to day activities would include:
· Conduct relevant customer interviews to determine key business requirements and objectives
· Assist in the development and implementation of data standards, ensuring the capture of high-quality metadata and creating methods for monitoring/reporting any data incidents
· Assess and review technical system architectures
· Catalog and manage technical assets such as data dictionaries, data schemas, technical
· systems, data transformation processes
· Catalog and manage other data and business assets such as glossaries, dashboards,
· reports, data structures, systems etc.
· Profile and analyze data systems
· Administer data governance platforms
· Design and implement automated processes
· Design and update governance operating models
· Import assets (glossary, data dictionary, dashboard, reports, data structures, systems, etc.)
· Support business user adoption
· Support reference data management activities with customer data stewards
Desired Skills and Experience
· Demonstrated experience in the design and implementation of data governance frameworks and solutions to support data solutions
· 3+ years hands-on experience with Data Governance platforms (e.g., Informatica Axon/EDC, Collibra, etc.)
· Strong understanding of dimensional data modeling and data warehousing principles and techniques based on established methodologies (e.g., Kimball, data vault)
· Demonstrated experience with design and implementation of analytical data models
· Demonstrated experience deploying data solutions in cloud computing platforms (e.g.,
· AWS, Azure, GCP)
· Strong knowledge and experience with data warehousing databases such as Snowflake,
· Teradata, Azure Synapse, Redshift, BigQuery
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong demonstrated organizational, leadership and interpersonal skills
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Related professional certifications and/or training considered an asset
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related degree
· 7+ years of experience related to the delivery of information technology solutions
· 3+ years demonstrated experience in designing and delivering data solutions
Gensquared is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally protected factors.
Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Start Your Application