NOTE - THis is a position in the downtown Indianapolis offices of the OGMP for a Financial Reporting Accountant. Gregory & Appel is assisting in the search. The position is not at Gregory & Appel.
Support OGMP in providing treasury & accounting services through budget management, cost controls, financial analysis, reporting to recipients & donors, and accounting procedures. Computerizes, classifies, records, and verifies data for use in maintaining financial records by performing the following duties. Reports to Controller.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Prepares monthly balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
2. Maintains the general ledger and performs general fund accounting and other related duties.
3. Ensures timely and accurate budget analysis and financial review for management team.
4. Promptly responds to inquiries and questions from clients.
5. Recommends, aligns and develops policies, procedures and systems to meet ministries’ objectives.
6. Oversee distribution of contributions to ministries. Communicate highlights of each accounting partner’s financials.
7. Prepare AR and AP reconciliations.
8. Prepare property tax returns.
9. Builds, develops efficiencies for treasury team that enhance productivity.
10. Stays abreast of trends and regulations to ensure effectiveness and compliance for the finance functions through industry meetings & trainings.
11. Establishes financial reporting systems and controls to ensure compliance with ministry expenditure requirements
12. Serve as a back-up for processing payroll.
13. Prepare, input & adjust journal entries with proper documentation.
14. Participate in meetings with accounting partners’ finance committees.
15. Approve cash receipts.
1. Financial Management.
2. Technical Capacity
4. Business Acumen.
5. Communication Proficiency.
6. Ethical Conduct.
7. Problem Solving/Analysis.
8. Intermediate/Advanced Excel Experience.
Start Your Application