Welcome To PRAXES Medical Group - Applying For The Human Resources Generalist Position
PRAXES is an innovative tele-medicine company, headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, that is changing how medical care is delivered in Canada and in remote places around the world. PRAXES is in growth mode, expanding our client base to new markets in Canada and internationally, and so we need an HR Generalist to help manage our expanding workforce!
We have a detailed hiring process to make sure that anyone we hire is a good fit with our team and will align with PRAXES values, which are:
- Be AGILE - Creative, evolving, adapting, curious, flexible, innovative, challenging status quo
- Be EFFECTIVE - Deliver quality medical services that add real value for our customers, including patients, employers and healthcare providers.
- Act with INTEGRITY - Have trusting, compassionate and caring relationships, with co-workers, partners, shareholders and patients. Do the right thing, even when no one is looking.
We are a 24/7 company, so we cannot have a '9 to 5' mentality. While our team members generally work regular business hours, there will be occasions where working outside of the conventional schedule will be required. We trust our staff to make best use of their time to manage the multiple demands of work and life, and with consideration for their colleagues and the needs of our clients.
- Must be self-motivated, tenacious, and resourceful
- Organized and efficient; someone who loves managing the details, and doesn’t let anything fall through the cracks.
- Be flexible enough to know that in an entrepreneurial business, priorities can shift immediately and often.
- High energy, pleasant and helpful personality.
- Good communicator, in writing and in person. Be patient, professional and helpful with customers at all times.
- Interested in healthcare and maintains a healthy lifestyle.
- Great with numbers, and knows at least the basics of Excel, word and willing to learn more.
- Loves to learn new technologies.
- “Whatever it takes” attitude
- Passion - fire in the eyes
- Team player but demonstrate ability to work autonomously
- Detail oriented yet can grasp the big picture
Knowledge and Skills:
- Need to have:
- Degree in Human Resources or Business Management, or other related field
- 2-3 years prior work experience in an HR Administrator or coordinator role
- Experience with Microsoft office suite (Word, PPT, and Excel)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Nice to have:
- Experience in scheduling
- French as a second language
- Understanding of finance and budgeting
Start Your Application
- Under the supervision of the Director of Finance and People, the Human Resources Generalist will be responsible for:
- Processing payroll for approximately 100 employees and keeping employee records up-to-date.
- Preparing and amending HR documents such as employment contracts.
- Developing and reviewing company policies and legal compliance.
- Assisting with onboarding new employees including participating in interviews and new employee orientation.
- Being the first point of contact for employees on any HR related queries.
- Administering employee benefits programs.
- Finding and coordinating continuous improvement and training opportunities for employees.
- Assisting with scheduling employees and reviewing employee timesheets.
- Assisting with all internal and external HR-related matters.