An established local contractor with a primary focus in residential new builds, is looking to build their working team in the London area. They are looking to hire a 2nd Year or higher Electrical Apprentice in good standing with OCOT. Candidate must be able to work effectively and efficiently in a face paced environment.
The employer offers an excellent working environment with a great team atmosphere.
Day Shift - (evenings and weekends may be required)
Job Type: Full-time
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
Duties and Responsibilities
· Accurately complete work orders and commission equipment with smart phone and computer
· Work with project managers, office staff and customers to complete projects
· Identify, troubleshoot and present technical issues in a clear and concise manner
· Installation/integration of electrical systems to meet electrical safety standards
· Solid knowledge of Ontario Electrical Code
· Install and connect power supply wiring, cables, conduit and electrical apparatus for machines or equipment in new and existing buildings
· Operate tools and equipment in a safe manner
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
· Valid Ontario driver's license with a clean driving record
· Organization/planning abilities
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Tenacity and the determination to get things done in a timely manner
· Self-sufficient, analytical and problem-solving skills
· Safety certified for working in construction (WAH, WHMIS, Workers Health & Safety Awareness)
· Salary based on apprenticeship level, competencies achieved, and hours accumulated
How to apply:
Click on the link to complete an online application AND assessment: http://www.supportontarioyouth.ca/apprenticeships/
1. Attach a detailed cover letter and resume.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying to this position. However, only those candidates who qualify and meet the specific needs of the employer will be contacted. We wish all applicants success.
Start Your Application