Welcome To Synergy Franchising - Applying For The Salvi Group - Accounts Payable and Office Manager Position
Salvi Group is currently looking to hire an Accounts Payable Clerk who will also be responsible for some office administration duties. The Accounts Payable (A/P) Clerk is directly responsible for performing data entry and related duties in disbursing non-payroll accounts payable to individuals, suppliers, corporations, vendors, and other entities. This includes maintaining ledgers, credit balances, and account irregularities. The A/P Clerk will also ensure the timely and accurate processing of payment documents such as purchase orders, travel reimbursements, stipends, and any other accounting transactions related to A/P management. This position involves diplomatic interaction to provide billing information and support in order to facilitate daily bank reconciliations.
- Receive, process, verify and review invoices from vendors and employee expense reports; ensures they are charged to proper accounts.
- Collaborate with the Corporate Accountant to maintain collection goals and general A/P performance levels.
- Obtain approval for disbursements and ensure that expenditures do not exceed available cash.
- Prepare and fill out payments to third parties, whether by cash, check, credit, and other forms of payment.
- Assist with preparation of credit card reconciliations for company credit cards
- Audits purchase requests for materials, supplies, equipment, and other collateral; verifies that orders are charged to the proper accounts.
- Review bills to the company for potential errors and/or discrepancies.
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied cash transactions.
- Compile month end accrual listing
- Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments, and apply adjustments and/or corrections to corporate billing records.
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its business partners.
- Form payment strategies to make timely A/P payments and mitigate supplier objections.
- Investigate payment problems while following corporate A/P policies and procedures.
- Complete bank deposits on an as needed basis.
- Document filing and maintenance, in accordance with company and industry standards.
- Answer and manage inbound telephone and email inquiries.
- Coordinate departmental programs, such as meetings, seminars, and events.
- Administer and manage inbound/outbound mail, including priority post, packages, courier services, and other correspondence.
- Arrange and attend executive team meetings; take, distribute, and archive meeting minutes and/or diaries.
- Ensure adequate supplies of office stationery, general office supplies, office furniture, and other equipment.
- Manage janitorial, cleaning, repair, and maintenance service provider contracts and service level agreements.
- Coordinate and implement company-wide social events.
- Post-secondary education in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
- 3+ years direct experience in an A/P and office administration capacity.
- Familiarity with construction terminology and expenses an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Strong knowledge of payment regulations and fair credit practices.
- Must possess a high level of moral judgment for handling confidential information and monetary transactions.
- Experience in gathering data, compiling the proper information, and preparing financial reports.
- Able to perform moderate to complex account reconciliations.
- Basic knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and internal controls.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Familiarity with Viewpoint would be an asset.
- Ability to deal with customers, internally and externally, diplomatically.
Start Your Application
- Sitting at a desk for most of the day.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and telephone.
- Overtime as required.