Welcome To Garden Grove - Applying For The Landscape Maintenance Crew Member Position
Job Description: Landscape Maintenance Crew Member
We are eagerly seeking Crew Members to join our Landscape Maintenance Team!
Do you have a positive, team-oriented attitude? Strong attention to detail? A desire to grow and learn in a green industry career? If so, we want to meet with you!
At Garden Grove we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re larger in size than most landscape companies, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you are looking to join a company with a heightened commitment to safety and quality, and be part of a crew of talented go-getters, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including commercial grounds maintenance, landscape enhancements, and snow removal there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
Garden Grove promotes a teamwork culture, developing and training our staff to provide next-level service to our customers.
· Perform routine maintenance services on customer properties as per Garden Grove standards to include cutting grass, raking, general clean up, fertilizing, garden care (weeding, edging, cultivating), plant care (pruning, trimming shrubs & trees) according to site specific details.
· Utilization and proficiency with turf and lawn care equipment
· Ensuring properties are maintained to the high level of quality that is expected
· Maintain safe work practices and procedures on each site
· Identify landscape related issues within the accounts that you service, recording those issues and reporting them to your crew leader or manager
· Dedicated to quality customer service you go the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction
· Ensure company policies, health & safety requirements and procedures are followed and adhered to at all times
· Leading by example all Company, Crew and Customer initiatives in Quality, Communication and Performance as it relates to representing and leading our brand in attitude and behaviour, safety, appearance (dress code), care of company fleet and equipment, always demonstrating good leadership skills
· Perform snow removal duties as assigned of plowing, walkway clearing and ice-melting during the winter season
· Duties will primarily be outdoors and regularly exposed to varying weather conditions i.e. wet and/or humid conditions, hot and cold temperatures, snow and ice storms.
· Physical demands include but may not be limited to standing, walking, sitting, climbing, stooping, kneeling, bending, lifting, reaching, squatting, carrying, pushing, and pulling.
· During the Spring/Summer/Fall Season; Occasional irregular hours due to the weather and/or unexpected circumstances
· During the Winter Season; be actively involved during all snow events. This could be 24/7 across multiple days, including weekends and holidays
· A valid drivers license with clean drivers abstract
· Desire to work in horticultural/landscape industry
· Proficiency with turf and lawn care equipment
· Minimum 1 year experience in the landscape industry an asset
Our VALUES that DEFINE WHO WE ARE
· COMMUNICATION - We value listening attentively, processing thoughtfully and speaking deliberately.
· RESPECT - We value regarding others higher than ourselves. This leads to harmony with our co-workers and conscientiousness with our customers.
· TRUST - We value action that backs up talk. We know trust is earned slowly over time but can be shattered in an instant.
· MOTIVATION - We value desire. Our best work is only going to happen as a result of our own initiative and enthusiasm.
· TEAMWORK - We value the strength of the team. Our goals can only be achieved when each person is giving their all.
· INNOVATION - We value learning. We know that if we are going to be the best, we will constantly be evaluating and modifying how we work.
Incentives for You
· Seasonal and Full Time year round employment
· Competitive wages and bonuses
· Training, development, and paid certifications
· Benefits Package
· Opportunity for career ladder advancement within Garden Grove
Our Company - PEOPLE FIRST
We know that delivering next-level service is a result of next-level people. Building a reliable, talented team allows us to provide high-quality customer service. Our team knows what it takes to deliver on our promises. Our people set us apart. We have a hard-working team committed to serving our customers and providing the best level of service in the industry. We possess a winning mindset that translates into a passion to deliver Next-Level Results! Come join our team!
We are growing forward! Garden Grove offers diverse opportunities in landscape and snow management services and is the ideal place to start or further your career.
Join our team today! Apply online at GardenGrove.ca/Careers
Garden Grove is an equal opportunity employer.
Start Your Application